E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Drive Dynamic seats - cushion depth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drive Dynamic seats - cushion depth?

Hello E-Class owners,

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the Drive Dynamic seats on my e500, but can't quite decipher exactly what adjustments the controls afford you. Unfortunately my local MB dealer does not have a DD-equipped car for me to play with, and the manual I saw wasn't exactly helpful, either.

I've seen the picutre of the square control panel + "dynamic" button, which I assume is somewhere on the seat itself. What do the various controls do? I saw controls for lumbar and side bolsters - easy enough to understand. What's the one labeled 'cushion depth'? Do the controls allow the user to extend the length of the bottom cushion (e.g. slide out the bottom cushion independent of the backrest)?
Old 04-04-2004, 10:51 AM

05 C320 sport coupe
That is correct..the depth button allows you to extend the bottom cushion if you have long legs.

Search for the thread "Drive dynamic seats"

There is alot of info in there
Old 04-04-2004, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
You can control the following:

1. Cushion Deph (the length of the seat)
2. Pulse massage
3. Location of Lumbar (& pulse)
4. Side bolsters
5. Automatic side bolster action

Hope I did not leave any out. I have had both Multi-function seat and the Drive Dynamic seat in the W211. I would highly suggest the Drive Dynamic seat. It is fantastic.
Check out the other threads on this subject. It is a highly rated feature.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
I don't know much about what all those damned buttons and adjustments do, but I L O V E the drive-dynamic seats!!! Awesome feature!

EDJ
Old 04-04-2004, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
I don't know much about what all those damned buttons and adjustments do, but I L O V E the drive-dynamic seats!!! Awesome feature!

EDJ
Actually, I ordered the DD seats on my 2nd E500 because of all the cheerleading that Joe ( along with many others) did about them.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:00 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally posted by etenn
You can control the following:

1. Cushion Deph (the length of the seat)
2. Pulse massage
3. Location of Lumbar (& pulse)
4. Side bolsters
5. Automatic side bolster action

Hope I did not leave any out. I have had both Multi-function seat and the Drive Dynamic seat in the W211. I would highly suggest the Drive Dynamic seat. It is fantastic.
Check out the other threads on this subject. It is a highly rated feature.
IMHO, The only feature that is worth it on the DD seats is #5 and it is totally worth it, so definitely go for them!!!

But just keep in mind that I think you will be disappointed in the other items (#2 - pulse massage function is lame, #1 - I can't tell if this makes any difference when I use it, no need for #4 if you run in Dynamic mode #5, etc).
Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 AM

Hello all, thanks to all who responded. I finally got a chance to see the DD seats in action, and the automatic side bolsters are definitely too good to pass up!

Now, having seen it in person, cushion depth still boggles the mind ... not quite what I was expecting. I was expecting the entire seat bottom to slide out, essentially lengthening the seat, the DD seats do not do this. I guess it'd be called cushion _length_ then! Instead, there's an air sac on the forward edge of the seat (or is it the entire seat bottom? Felt like only the forward edge), and inflates/deflates on command. I suppose that adds to the 'depth', but still trying to figure out why I would want that as opposed to just tilting the entire seat up. But that's neither here nor there.

Thanks all!