E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

wheel question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 ford f150 xlt, '08 ford focus ses coupe, '08 bmw 335xi, '15 ford f150 fx4 ecoboost
wheel question?

michigans weather is acting more like summer than mid winter and it has me itching to start wrenching.

i have one wheel with rash and id like to go up a size from 17" to 18". im leaning to the 18" over 19 or bigger because of the availability of tires and the cost of tires and because of the poor state of the roads. id like as much cushion to protect the wheels and suspension...

what is the widest wheels i can get before running into issues? ive seen 8 and 8.5 for fronts and 9 and 9.5 available for rears on staggered sets. i could always just go without staggering to make tire rotations easier.

what about offset? id like a concave style wheel so an offset closer to zero mm would be better than one around 40 mm. but the closer to zero or going negative will start to change handling and get closer to running the risk of rub when turning or rubbing on the suspension.

the local tire chains and the tirerack dont have any answers besides to stay within a mm or two of stock....

i can get a good deal on vmr wheels

then i saw these but the seller is holding back the details on who makes them