E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CAN NOT TRUST SERVICE DEPARTMENT FROM MB DEALERSHIP IN HENDERSON, NEVADA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320
CAN NOT TRUST SERVICE DEPARTMENT FROM MB DEALERSHIP IN HENDERSON, NEVADA

I took my 2004 E320 to the dealership because I thought I had a couple of recalls that were suppose to be done to my car. One for a bad gas tank and the other for the SBC. According to the service department the only recall I had was for the gas tank. They wanted to charge me about $3500-$3800 to fix the SBC so I told them not to do it because I didn't have the funds to get it done. Well I couldn't pick my car up until 4 days after I had dropped it off and when I got it back it ran worse than it did before I brought it there. First of all they didn't even put my air intake back on the engine, they just put it in my trunk and now my car has all types of problems. I'm having issues with it idling rough at stops. It stalls quite often now when it never had before. It feels like my transmission is slipping gears too! I'm starting to believe that they sabotaged my car! Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Is there anything that I can do? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
1967 250SE, 2020 GLB250, 2006 SL500, 2023 EQB300
What do you mean by "they didn't put the air intake back on the engine"? Is it the 2 plastic tubes from the air intake cover or the entire air cover that contains the 2 air filters? Make sure the big air intake latches correctly on all 4 metal clips. Check them, sometime if they are not pressed carefully they bend and do not latch on the rubber posts. This allows "false" air to leak into the throttle body, the MAF gets discombobulated and gives rough idle at stops (ask me how I know). If you still have rough idle then it's on to MAF replacement and there are a ton of posts on this subject (most of them on the C class section).
When you discovered the intake in the trunk you should have taken the car back, bring the service manager and make a loud scene (peppered with profanity) in front of others.
You may get on their "no soup for you" list but I am sure there are other dealers in LV.
The SBC recall is not really a recall it's a 10 year warranty extension but yours is gone. Do you have errors from the SBC?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'07 E350 4matic Sedan
I am sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you get to resolve them soon. Sounds like you are mad that SBC warranty no longer applies to your vehicle, but that is not really the dealership's fault. Additionally I really doubt any MB dealer's mechanic is so inept that he would - forget to put the air intake back on the car AND then see it AND then put it in your trunk (that would be a very illogical series of events). Maybe like gafitanu suggested above, you mean the two plastic tubes connecting the intake to the front grill? Have you brought these issues back to the dealership? If you are reasonable and firm, they should at least inspect the car for the rough idle issue, but I would also start with making sure your intake is properly bolted on.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
It's not that rare. I had that happen once at a Ford dealer. I told them that it sounded kinda loud after some service and I brought it back in for them to look at it. They said it was fine so I took the car back. When I went on a vacation and opened the trunk, found the air cleaner assembly in there. Yelled at them and all they offered me was a free oil change. It was obvious that they never even opened the hood to look for any problem. They must put the parts in the trunk so it doesn't get lost or confused with someone else and then forgot to put it back on.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 227 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
If all of this indeed took place like this (hard for me to believe, as I had never anything but OUTSTANDING service at my MB Dealership), I would contact MB of North America and make a big stink!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Darn, that just when I moved to Las Vegas.
Good thing I DIY everything.
Jokes aside, we need full story.
Sound like you took badly neglected car for repairs and refused to make repairs unless they were free?
What was the list?