E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Comand Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comand Update

Just received the DVD Update today.. will try it out to night to see if the new firmware will aloow the comand to play MP3

Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 10:07 AM

... bad news guys

I just tried the Comand DVD software Version 3.0.. It did update the Comand but still cant play MP3s...

I guess I will have to drive to my dealer and have the Comand flashed!

Oh well...

mike
Old 04-09-2004, 10:13 AM

This ver. 3.0 is only an update of maps. You will need to update the firmware to get MP3, and this update will not be available before mid/end April. Been delayed several times, so be prepared to wait..... Can only be done via Star Diagnostic.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:12 PM

argg.... where can i buy a Star Diagnostic??

but anyways..

Oslo, can you please post a pic of your Heated wheel option? I would like to know how it works... When i ordered the S211 that option wasnt available for E320 CDI yet.. just curious

Happy Easter!!

Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 04:06 PM

If you have electric adjustment of the steering column, it’s actually the same arm you use for the wheel heating. Just turn the outer part of the arm clockwise to turn it on. It will indicate with a red light on the arm when activated.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally posted by mike82y
argg.... where can i buy a Star Diagnostic??

but anyways..

Oslo, can you please post a pic of your Heated wheel option? I would like to know how it works... When i ordered the S211 that option wasnt available for E320 CDI yet.. just curious

Happy Easter!!

Mike
I realise you are in the US, and cannot have the heated steering wheel for your CDI, but once again this is solely down to MBUSA option 443 Heated Steering wheel is a £200 option for the CDI.

I suppose I am fussy about what can, and cannot be ordered because when ordering my vehicle I was told that Linguatronic was not available. Eventually Oslo told me that this was incorrect (he lives in Norway). Unfortunately for me I found this out to late and my order could not be changed. I should hate for this to happen to anyone else.

So please do NOT think for one minute that my comments are meant to be sarcastic.

Good luck with your new car,
John
Old 04-10-2004, 04:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally posted by glojo
I realise you are in the US, and cannot have the heated steering wheel for your CDI, but once again this is solely down to MBUSA option 443 Heated Steering wheel is a £200 option for the CDI.

Glojo

Am I not correct in thinking that the E320 CDI is the only model that you CANNOT get the heated wheel with? It is available on the E270 CDI etc.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Fastbuck
Glojo

Am I not correct in thinking that the E320 CDI is the only model that you CANNOT get the heated wheel with? It is available on the E270 CDI etc.
Before replying to the e-mail I logged onto the Mercedes-Benz UK site and went through the options list. If the option is not allowed for a specific model there is usually a 'small number' or an asterisk followed by the relevant information.

I am however taking this information from the Estate version (S211) so it may be that for some reason it is not available for the W211. I will go back onto the site and check.

Option 443 did not show any exceptions.

Changing the subject slightly, has the mileage altered for your first service??

I am off to check the availability of option 443

Bye for now,
John
Old 04-10-2004, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The saloon options also do not show any exceptions. However if you have information to the contrary then I 'give way' to the honourable gentleman from across the border.

There was a freephone number at the bottom of the pricelist that is there to answer queries but 'No Reply'

Regards,
John
Old 04-10-2004, 04:40 AM

I just ran through the German Car Configurator. You can have heated wheel on both 270 and 320 CDI's: (Multifunktionslenkrad beheizt)

Old 04-10-2004, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Oslo
[B]I just ran through the German Car Configurator. You can have heated wheel on both 270 and 320 CDI's: (Multifunktionslenkrad beheizt)

The German site is certainly more informative, and better laid out than ours.

Regards,
John
Old 04-10-2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by glojo

The German site is certainly more informative, and better laid out than ours.

That's for sure. The UK one looks as if has been thrown together by a first year student!

WRT Heated Wheel option, the old fashioned paper based brochure states that the wheel is not available on the E320 CDI. You are correct in assuming however it is the saloon version of the brochure I have.

WRT Assyst Plus. Much to my delight (annoyance) the day my car was to go in to the dealer it jumped to a suggested mileage of 11K. Go figure. I'm working on a theory that this coincided with 1 month after the car was PDI'd at the dealership. I'll await the end of this month with interest, but I'll probably miss it as I'm going over to the states for a few weeks.

BTW, when Oslo and yourself get back from Texas can you come via Scotland and give mine a bit of spit and polish!!!

M
Old 04-10-2004, 02:00 PM

On behalf of the Detailing Team, we proudly accept, but don't try to serve us Haggis!!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Oslo
On behalf of the Detailing Team, we proudly accept, but don't try to serve us Haggis!!

Haggis!!! I wouldn't poke a stick at it either
Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Fastbuck
BTW, when Oslo and yourself get back from Texas can you come via Scotland and give mine a bit of spit and polish!!!

M
'Heads' I spit, you polish. 'Tails' You spit, I polish.

Oh and don't forget the ladder to climb 'Adrians' Wall.

(Emperor Hadrian just told me off for not spelling the name of his wall correctly)

John
Old 04-10-2004, 04:04 PM

Roman legion on the march north to Hadrians wall. A great big hairy kilted Scotsman jumps up on a hillock "Aye so you're Romans eh? - gie me yer ten best men then". Ten legionnaires were dispatched. Bang, crash, wallop! . . None return. A hundred soldiers are sent up. Five minutes later a lone survivor struggles back, but drops dead before he can say a word. Risking all, the commander sent his whole legion up the hill. Screams, shouts and the commotion of battle follow. Then on the sky line a lone Roman officer approaches. "Sir. Sir. They've cheated. They lied! There were two of them all the time . . ."
Old 04-10-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There were two of them all the time . . ."
The second being Mel Gibson aka 'Braveheart'

John
Old 04-10-2004, 04:42 PM

Roman legion on the march north to Hadrians wall. A great big hairy kilted Scotsman jumps up on a hillock "Aye so you're Romans eh? - gie me yer ten best men then". Ten legionnaires were dispatched. Bang, crash, wallop! . . None return. A hundred soldiers are sent up. Five minutes later a lone survivor struggles back, but drops dead before he can say a word. Risking all, the commander sent his whole legion up the hill. Screams, shouts and the commotion of battle follow. Then on the sky line a lone Roman officer approaches. "Sir. Sir. They've cheated. They lied! There were two of them all the time . . ."

Very good, I like it. i did not know that you were a history teacher!