Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E500
Keyless Go

Hi all,

Ordered keyless go feature with my new E500 and was wondering a few things.....Namely, what are the chances of accidental unlocking of the doors when just passing the vehicle. Meaning, if I walk by the car, do the doors just unlock? Is there an indication that the doors are unlocking? Also, if the car is running and you remove the keyless go transmitter from the car, (say its on a keyring with your housekeys and you need to open that door), does the car stay running? Is there an error / danger there? Just trying to get a few loistical items straight in my mind. Most people seem to like the feature (that have it) though.

Regards.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:59 AM

Complete description Keyless Go
Old 04-14-2004, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW!
I am always amazed by the members on this board to dig up all kinds of details.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: Keyless Go

Originally posted by rarenaro
Hi all,

Ordered keyless go feature with my new E500 and was wondering a few things.....Namely, what are the chances of accidental unlocking of the doors when just passing the vehicle.
Won't happen. You actually need to pass your hand or and object behind the door handle to unlock it.

Also, if the car is running and you remove the keyless go transmitter from the car, (say its on a keyring with your housekeys and you need to open that door), does the car stay running? [/B]
Yes the car will stay running. Just make sure no one drives it away or when they stop it they won't be able to restart it. There is a warning on the MFD that will blink Card Not Found if it is not within the drivers compartment when the vehicle is in motion.