Slow/no crank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Slow/no crank

2008 E350 sedan

I am certain there are threads that address this but I can't find one.

Engine has been cranking slowly recently, had the battery tested and the alternator output tested and both appear to be okay.

In starting it this morning, I started it, shut it down and attempted to start it again and it just didn't have the juice. Had to connect it to a charger to start it.

Could be the starter is drawing too much current? Parasitic drain?

My wife does utilize the cigarette lighter for a cell phone charger and leaves it plugged in, can't imagine that is causing the battery to draw down but maybe?

Just looking for any common causes from the knowledge base here if there are any.

Don't want to but might have to take it to the Dealer to properly diagnose as I much prefer paying way too much than my wife being stranded.

Last edited by Timothy2001; 05-24-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have a number of choices, one find someone with SDscan and he for a fee will find the problem in minutes, two you go fuse by fuse with a meter to locate the drain---et testing and post what you found!!
Old 05-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Thanks very much for that, I almost rolled the dice and bought a battery from Autozone for $188 but decided to take it to Sewell Mercedes.

They charged me $167 for a battery plus labor and as always were awesome.

I have an M3 and frequent the BMW forums and Franchise Dealers are considered the Devil, not sure about on here. I beg to differ though, Sewell defines customer service (Carl Sewell literally wrote the book on it) and although often more expensive there are tons of benefits to taking your vehicles back to a dealership.

/Flameon.