Various...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various...

Pana - roof rattles!
Ever since the last freeze in NY, I have noticed rattles inside the cabin. It drives me crazy, but unfortunely I can't find were it's coming from. Anyone else have any problems? Need solution!

Sat Radio!
It's finally available, Iwent to Ray Catena for service this morning and they have it in stock. but nobody recommends it, people are anger because of the black box/antenna on the trunk. Why can't it be mounted inside the trunk?

Power failure!
This weekend my comand was acting crazy. I would shut the car off and and the radio would still play and then turn the car on and it would go off. The navigation was acting weird too, i think it's related to the foglights somehow...

TV Tuner
i have read a lot of posts about TV tuners,are those parts from Europe? What options do I have, and were does the antenna go?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Software Update

There is a software update for the comand/audio system. The dealer can do it. Its supposed to eliminate some of the crazy behavior. I've got the satellite & antenna...Awesome! Period.

See My Satellite Antenna Pics
Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my E320 in March (last month) would the software update have already been installed?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally posted by chairman
I bought my E320 in March (last month) would the software update have already been installed?
I said this before, and I'll say it again DO NOT take for granted that software upgrades (even dating back to "03) have been applied simply because of your build date or model year. And by no means take for granted that the dealer has checked before delivering the car to you. And lastly, don't take for granted that the service dept. automatically checks when you have the car in for service.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 PM

Just for the sake of discussion, will they do a software update if the car is not due for "scheduled maintenance"?
Old 04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally posted by chairman
Just for the sake of discussion, will they do a software update if the car is not due for "scheduled maintenance"?
Absolutely, request that they check ALL software (i.e.: ECU, audio/gateway, etc.) and review any/all W211 service bulletins dating back to ’03 even if they say there are no updates for the particular problem you’re experiencing and describing to them. For future reference, vernacular plays an important role in how a service request is perceived, recorded, and passed along. Unfortunately, sometimes the tech is misled resulting in “Cannot duplicate at this time”. Fortunately, in your particular situation they only have to interpret an audio problem.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the invaluable advice. I am new to MB so please bear with me.

Mike