E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Command stays on, Navigation displays fixed location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 E55(SOLD), 03 E500(SOLD)
Command stays on, Navigation displays fixed location

Some background info: I went to Watkins Glen for the weekend a couple weeks ago. My 12 volt USB adapter failed and blew the fuse for the socket in the rear of the center armrest and the socket by the ashtray under the CD changer. Everything else worked normally on the way home.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to replace the fuses, I hadn't driven or started the car since I got back. Power was restored to the sockets, using a different USB adapter. I took the car out and everything seemed normal until I shut it off and opened the door and the radio didn't shut off. It displayed a message to start the engine or Command will shut down in three minutes.

The Command doesn't shut down unless I press the Power button and it doesn't automatically dim when it should. The Navigation displays one fixed location. The AUX Ipod cable in the glove compartment doesn't work. In the MFD Audio and Nav display ----.

I searched the forums and It might be the CAN in the left side of the trunk or a connection near the driver's door sill. I can't get my STAR Service DVD to work. Anyone have some insight and/or documentation on what I can check before I take it to the dealer?
Old 07-11-2017, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Originally Posted by Efivehundred
Some background info: I went to Watkins Glen for the weekend a couple weeks ago. My 12 volt USB adapter failed and blew the fuse for the socket in the rear of the center armrest and the socket by the ashtray under the CD changer. Everything else worked normally on the way home.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to replace the fuses, I hadn't driven or started the car since I got back. Power was restored to the sockets, using a different USB adapter. I took the car out and everything seemed normal until I shut it off and opened the door and the radio didn't shut off. It displayed a message to start the engine or Command will shut down in three minutes.

The Command doesn't shut down unless I press the Power button and it doesn't automatically dim when it should. The Navigation displays one fixed location. The AUX Ipod cable in the glove compartment doesn't work. In the MFD Audio and Nav display ----.

I searched the forums and It might be the CAN in the left side of the trunk or a connection near the driver's door sill. I can't get my STAR Service DVD to work. Anyone have some insight and/or documentation on what I can check before I take it to the dealer?
You have a fiber optical ring issue. Big money to diagnose. But to me if comand isnt shutting off with key removed i would suspect a comand unit but dont go shotgunning a comand unit till u know for sure.

Can't give you anymore insight then that unless you have DAS/Xentry.