E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Delay to start the engine...

Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
Exclamation Delay to start the engine...

Not too long ago, I am having a little delay when i start the car, self it, the car takes a slightly longer time to start up. Like the cranking time has been lengthened. I changed the spark plugs 2 weeks ago, even though they had to be changed i thought they are old they are causing some hiccups in there. But the problem remains. The battery is in good condition, most likely the battery has ntn to do with it but for curiosity i went to Auto Zone and they said it's good. And ima say the starter should be in good condition as well since the car starts every single time. What could be the issue here?

The delay only happens when the engine is pretty cold like early morning i go to work at 3am. After that there is no delay, like 90-95% of the time when the engine is hot. The guy at Auto Zone asked if I have Check Engine light on and so did my dad but no lights are on on dashboard. I am out of ideas about what could be the issue here
Old 07-14-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Sounds like the same issue we had last summer. It turned out to be a faulty check valve and it took the dealer over a week to figure out. The cost was something like $800 in parts (which they waived) and $500 of labor. They didn't find the problem the first time we took it in, but within a couple of weeks, the cranking became longer and it started occurring all the time (warm or cold engine). No problems since the fix.
Good luck.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
Hmm, I believe it's always on cold engine for me. I am keeping my ears open to hear anything else unusual. I am going to take it to a shop and have it checked out some time soon. Not sure what could be the issue. If in the engine, i see no lights. Hope it's ntn too serious