A question for our OZ friends...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
A question for our OZ friends...

I am thinking of a trip to Australia and NZ around the first of May. Probably will book tickets tomorrow.

I plan to fly to Auckland and stay in NZ for about 10 days and then to Sydney for about 15 days.

The question is what should I see? Is 10 days too much or too little for NZ? What will I have time to do in Oz with the time I will have. Appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Re: A question for our OZ friends...

Originally posted by etenn
I am thinking of a trip to Australia and NZ around the first of May. Probably will book tickets tomorrow.

I plan to fly to Auckland and stay in NZ for about 10 days and then to Sydney for about 15 days.

The question is what should I see? Is 10 days too much or too little for NZ? What will I have time to do in Oz with the time I will have. Appreciate any advice or suggestions.
My brother is just ending a THREE week holiday in New Zealand, visiting both islands and he has stated that three weeks was not long enough for just New Zealand. He has gone with his wife and two teenage children though. The sites are beautiful and outdoor activities unbelievable.

I received an e-mail from them this morning and this is a copy of there final sentence

"Well its time to pack. We go to Christchurch for a day and a half before returning home on Monday. We are not looking forward to coming home this has been a perfect holiday."

I have been to both Australia and New Zealand, both countries are well worth seeing and hopefully you get some nice tips from other members.

New Zealand offers Glacier trips, Jet boats though ravines, Hot air ballooning etc etc. Don't forget there summers are our winters and vice versa. (any room for a stowaway?)

John
Old 04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Thanks for the reply, John.

I could only arrange a 30 day trip at the last minute and wanted to see both. I am sure that 10 days will not be enough for NZ, nor 15 days or so for Oz.
That is why I asked in hope that someone could direct in spending the time wisely.
Don't want to spend it all in MB Dealerships comparing prices and cars.

Hopefully someone will set me straight.