E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Stumbling at low RPM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Stumbling at low RPM

My 2006 E320 CDI has been stumbling at low RPMs after restart with engine at operating temp. It is not constant, symptoms similar to what I would describe as a vapor lock on a gas engine or perhaps water in the fuel . DAS interrogation shows all normal values for compression and injector values, normal quantity and pressure control valve tests. No signs of injector seal leaks. No codes are present. Seafoam run through tank.

Just replaced the fuel filter, symptoms still there.

Thoughts?

John
Old 01-30-2020, 09:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by hangit06
My 2006 E320 CDI has been stumbling at low RPMs after restart with engine at operating temp. It is not constant, symptoms similar to what I would describe as a vapor lock on a gas engine or perhaps water in the fuel . DAS interrogation shows all normal values for compression and injector values, normal quantity and pressure control valve tests. No signs of injector seal leaks. No codes are present. Seafoam run through tank.

Just replaced the fuel filter, symptoms still there.

Thoughts?

John
Still having the issue. Konigstiger sent me a DTB describing the possible fix, new EGR and ECU flash. Yesterday I took the vehicle to the local MB dealer, DAS scan, no codes, and no symptoms, of course. No charge! Since the surging occurs in warmer ambient temps, yesterday was 40F, I am to bring it back in the spring. Anyone have any other ideas?

John