E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 owners please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 owners please help!!!

Hey guys, I need your input desperately. My 03 is my daily driver so it's really put me in a bind lately. To start, I'm going to start with what I have already done myself. I continuously come out and find my car dead. And I did once again today.

I previously replaced the rear sam a few weeks ago and fixed that 2 amp draw that was keeping my tail light on.

Two weeks ago I replaced both batteries with brand new ones..the main and aux (the main battery had a bad cell)

Everything was fine for a few days after that..probably because they were brand new batteries and took them a while to drain. Of course I have the red visit workshop battery message.

I would normally assume this problem meant the alternator was going bad at this point. BUT when I check voltage, it stays in the upper 13s and 14 volts.

I also unplugged my BCM to reset it.
Still coming out in the morning to my car being dead.
Does anyone PLEASE know what in the hell is going on?
Old 08-17-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E240 -2003 E55 AMG -2005
Get the car scanned with Star\DAS\Xentry this will pinpoint the issue within minutes. Some older revisions of the BCM module had battery drain issues.

I'd still get the car scanned before you throw anymore money at this issue.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:43 PM

Yeah you're right. What a headache. I had both of the batteries tested and they both had bad cells due to the drain. They warrantied them but said they can't next time unless it's a couple years down the road because otherwise they would consider it 'abuse' on the battery..which I understand. I just have them unhooked in the car right now. I made an appointment with my local indy Tuesday. I told him he can keep the car and drive it for a couple days since I trust him and he knows I'm not an idiot. Anyway, with all the modules in our car, it's just too much for me to keep guessing on without using software. I will keep everyone posted on this but it will probably be at least a week from now unfortunately.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E500; ML63; X5M; LR3
You may want to use a battery protector until you get the problem solved...
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-18-2017, 10:01 AM

I have never seen one of those to be honest but they seem like a valuable asset to have..especially with what I have going on. Thanks for that link. I appreciate everyone's help on here and for looking out. Any help I can get is good for me. I'm just hoping this stays in the hundreds. My car loves to keep me guessing.