E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W211
W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Everyone I really love my 2002 W211. It is automatic 5G - Tronic and it is awesome!

But my Mercedes was flooded. So I took care of the engine and it was able to start but electronics was crazy and it couldn't move an inch (switch gears at all) .

I has some water coming in my drivers cabin and I have personally pulled everything out. flooring,wiring, I completely emptied the interior, disassembled and cleaned the leather seats and floors manualy, and called the cleaning people to do one more chemical deep cleaning outside the Benz and it is ok now.

I used contact cleaner spray to clean every contact there is, even those that haven't been affected even the box inside the transmission sifter that haven't been affected because I want to know that everything is perfectly done.

My TCU (Transmission Control Unit), and my BCM (Body Control Module) Got wet as well.

I disassembled them and I have seen that they had green oxides and corrosion. I cleaned them assembled everything and It wont start at all, but I suspect the battery,because it is pretty weak.

Electronics are better now when dry but still not working, going a bit crazy when I turn the ignition and I know that BCM is in charge of those and with communication with all other modules, but I know that TCU and BCM need to be replaced. Every fuse is ok btw.

My Chassis number: WDB211061A086045, and the Engine number is: 64696130023384

My Body Control Module part number is: 211 545 05 32,and I have found the used part with the same number.

My Transmission Control Unit part number: A 030 545 44 32, and I have found the used part but the number was A 030 545 40 32, but it is from the same vehicle as the Body Control Module ( I found it at the same used parts store).

I am having problems because I don't know do these parts fit my Mercedes and should I buy them, Especially the Transmission Control Unit and I would really appreciate your help. And any other advice you can give me.

I attached the pictures dusty ones are from the used parts store.

PLUS I AM REALLY DESPERATE BECAUSE I CAN'T DRIVE MY BENZ!
Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-my-bcm.jpg   W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-bcm-used-store.jpg   W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-my-tcu.jpg   W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-tcu-used-store.jpg  
Old 09-16-2017, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
See attached.
You really should invest in a subscription to the EPC. It's worth every penny in time saved.
Attached Thumbnails W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-sam-passenger-side.jpg   W211 Electronics matching PLEASE HELP!!!-tcm-passenger.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Kenan Hurla (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 11:18 AM

2002 W211
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Thank you for your reply so you are saying that these parts actually fit my Mercedes as I could see in attachment. I am sorry but I need the confirmation, since I am so excited.

I would also like to seal the boxes from the outside and relocate them so the moisture would never ever be the problem. Is it ok to do that?

Thank you once again!!!

Last edited by Kenan Hurla; 09-16-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more questions so I don't have to post another reply
Old 09-16-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kenan Hurla
Thank you for your reply so you are saying that these parts actually fit my Mercedes as I could see in attachment. I am sorry but I need the confirmation, since I am so excited.

I would also like to seal the boxes from the outside and relocate them so the moisture would never ever be the problem. Is it ok to do that?

Thank you once again!!!
Any of the part numbers highlighted in the attachments will fit your car. You actually found a newer/improved version of the TCU.

I wouldn't bother to seal the cases but that is just my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Kenan Hurla (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 12:29 PM

2002 W211
Thank you very much for the information once again I am very grateful.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:46 AM

2002 W211
STILL NEED HELP - Experiencing PROBLEMS!!!

Hi Guys!

I have replaced the BCM and TCU with new ones as shown in the pictures above, Connected everything together except the radio and cd changer.

My car batteries are close to dead (they don't hold the charge for long,but they do recharge,and after turning of the car and starting couple seconds later is starts normally but if it stays over night tomorrow won't start even do I take the positive clamp of before).

I started my car with an help from my friend (with cables connected to my battery),and it starts. First time starting shown me the gearbox status (P l Kilometers l S)and it didn't before BCM and TCU replacement, and short after it didn't, only kilometers stayed. It also displays the Display malfunction but that was showing before BCM and TCU Change.
Btw instrument cluster was never near the water.

So i put the car in reverse and it moved about five meters,and stoped. My throttle response was very Weak like 1100 rpm but no throttle response not even in neutral.
Only normal throttle response is when I put it in P (Parked). Then everything is ok and it can go to max.

So I turned it to neutral and pushed it back to parking place.

Btw my emergency brake blinks on instrument cluster from time to time.

One more problem is that my radiator fan runs all the time,and my ac or heating still don't work (they have signal but wont blow,and they blink),my steering wheel buttons don't work at all, and my windows need a number of times pressing so they close 0.5 cm at the time (i press 10 times so they close 0.5 cm).

Does anyone know what to do,is it just about resetting error codes or something else.

I am really desperate and cant wait to fix mi Mercedes so PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance!