FM not working, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e320 2003 W211
FM not working, Please Help!

Hello everyone!

I was curious if you could help me figure out what is wrong with my Mercedes 2003 E-320 Sedan.

For the past two years, I have had a faulty FM, there isn't even any static that comes out of it. Everything else seems to work fine, the AM is receiving signal and the CDs work fine. I have tried going through and restarting the radio by removing the fuses and trouble shooting the system but nothing seems to work.

The vehicle is equipped with the Logic 7 Harmon Kardon system. I've been looking through forums and haven't found anything about this specific problem.

Asking the dealers they said it can cost up to 500 dollars to get it checked out, and that sounded ridiculous. So I was curious if anyone here would know what could be wrong.

I am also planning on updating the head unit to an Avin Avant-2 with the Avin Most Fiber Optic Interface adapter in order to increase functionality, so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't in vain.

Thanks for you help!
Old 09-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
You can check connections in trunk. If all seems fine you may need to replace audio gateway (amplifier). See attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Antenna.pdf (181.2 KB, 136 views)
Trunk side panel with 287.pdf (59.7 KB, 69 views)
AGW.pdf (253.1 KB, 88 views)