E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I am new to this but would like to get some more information on my w211.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 w211
I am new to this but would like to get some more information on my w211.

I am new to this but would like to get some more information on my w211, regarding an hid kit I just installed. Very self explanatory installation just having issues with the relay harness I so called.. needed
Old 11-24-2017, 04:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 E500 AMG Appearance Pkg
be more specific, there are a lot of people here who have done the same upgrade that can help you.
where did you get the HID kit? who makes it? etc. Also its thanksgiving so im sure you will get some
more responses after the holiday.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:52 AM

e350 w211
The hid kit is from XENONHid, it’s for a 2009 e350 w211, I purchased a kit that included canbus ballast, and relay harness. Connecting the ballast and bulbs to the factory connector and getting them to come on is no problem. The problem is when I try to install the relay harness. I get power wire to power post on the front fuse box, ground near the strut tower. 3 more connectors. 2 are for the ballast and 1 is for the factory connector harness which is located on the bulb. The lights flicker on/off and will stay off perhaps due to relay. They will not stay on. Should i just not use the relay harness?? Do I have a power supply issues? Let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 E500 AMG Appearance Pkg
Okay I will tell you what I know and hopefully someone else will provide some more insight.
I upgraded to xenon from halogen but everything i used was original OEM mercedes.
ironically I also have flickering lights at the moment and im trying to get the dealer to
code my car to recognize xenon which would regulate power going to the ballast and
eliminate flickering, but apparently not all dealerships are willing to do so. perhaps in your
area you may have better luck. Another note how many wires do you have going to ground?
I hear that two are required. capacitors is another way to eliminate flickering sometimes they are included
with the relay harness. What about customer support, never hurts to give them a call. sorry thats all i know
in regards to aftermarket.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:17 AM

e350 w211
Hmm so I will leave the bulb in with the canbus ballast. Leave the relay harness off. I am at a technician at a Mercedes Benz dealer here in Orange County, California so I will check via SDS. I will also let you know. I wonder if the 2009 e350 has no issues supplying enough power to ballasts and does not need a relay to supply it.