E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

adjustment for high beam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
slk280
adjustment for high beam

Hi, I have a 07 FACELIFT w211, the high beam on 1 side is high. Can some one show me where is the adjustment screw for the high beam?? I found the screw for low beam and horizontal movement, but not for high beam!! I did a search here, some one posted a pictures of the light unit with 3 screws, but my car only has 2 screws (nothing at the location of the high beam adjuster screw!! Please help
Old 02-09-2018, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 718 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Try here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...djustment.html
Old 02-09-2018, 02:03 PM

slk280
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Thank you... I found a thread last night.. very complicated... not sure it worth doing it
Old 02-09-2018, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Hard to put price on safety. Get it done.
If you have flat spot in front of garage door, or house wall, what I do is get car close to it, turn the high beams on, put cross of masking tape in center of the light beam on the wall/door, back up the car several ft making sure the wheels are straight and then you clearly see needed adjustment.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:42 PM

slk280
Originally Posted by kajtek1
Hard to put price on safety. Get it done.
If you have flat spot in front of garage door, or house wall, what I do is get car close to it, turn the high beams on, put cross of masking tape in center of the light beam on the wall/door, back up the car several ft making sure the wheels are straight and then you clearly see needed adjustment.
Thank you for the push.... I actually from southern california, so almost never need the high beam!! But of course Im a car guy, like to work on my car, dissemble and fix everything..... so with your encouragement, I had to do this!!
From the thread I found here, people had to use the tremel drill and cut off the gears bridge to get to the high beam adjustment crew... today with determination, I was able to remove this bridge without cutting anything. Will wait for the sun down to adjust the light
Talking a needing a flat spot and distant to adjust the light, I have a scary and hilarious situation yesterday trying to adjust the lower beam. My driveway is sloppy and short, so last night at around 6.30pm I drove to a local ACE hardware store's parking lot (empty by now). Seeing a stranger drove into their parking lot, moving back and forth multiple times at dusk; used a ruler to measure the wall, used masking tape to mask spots on the wall, then measured distant on the ground...etc.... I saw 3, 4 staffers from store stalking, staring at me from the distant, they pointed fingers, even pull out and communicated on their walkie talkie.... then with 3 staffers guarding the door, 1 of them approaching me carefully with the walkie talkie ready on hand. Once he got close enough he asked if I need any help and if everything was ok.... I explained to him that I was adjusting the headlight!!! and just need a flat surface and 25ft distance...... You could see the relief on his face.......hahah.....

Last edited by nguyenphananh; 02-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kajtek1 (02-09-2018)