Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211. and212
Crankshaft position sensor

Correct part number is 0261210171 New part was same except 170
For your information
i recently replaced the CPS on my
2003. 320. I purchased from a large
supplier very familiar to most of you.
The part APPEARED to be identical to the factory Bosch part. I spent several hours and bloodied hands to R and R. Tested engine and utter failure. Would not idle, More time and banged hands revealed that the replacement part is 1 mm longer and is too close to the flywheel? In any case, I fabricated a 1mm spacer from an old shoe tongue, more pain to reinstall but SUCCESS. A two hour job turns into 8.
I have no idea what the linger part fits but it absolutely does NOT fit my late build 2003
Old 02-18-2018, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Hard to see on the picture, but I don't see MB logo on it.
CPS are often updated and even if you buy OEM part from reputable warehouse, it does not have to be the latest update.
What I am coming to is that when I like to save money, and DIY I do save a lot, for stuff like performance/emission sensors, I never go aftermarket. Even the sensor will work, you loose money on higher fuel consumption and lower performance
Husker is MB dealer who sells for about 40% less than local dealers, so when you can wait for a part, it is good source.
If you are in hurry with repairs - bite the bullet and go to local stealer.
CPS on 320 gaser should be just few minutes job.

Last edited by kajtek1; 02-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
I had the same problem! CPS died and bought a new one at advance Auto store, whatever they had in stock to get the job done. It didn't work!! Then bought Bosch online and worked perfectly!! What a home suck and PITA
Old 02-18-2018, 03:22 PM

211. and212
CPS

The pic is of the one the car was born with
The replacement was a Bosch part. I am sure MB would have stamped the original if they had thought about it. Buy whatever u want just know that there are two parts that are identical ( almost) save that one works and the other does not. I watched several u tube videos and it does look like an easy fix. I must have gorilla hands because it was a mother to get to.
BTW regarding “ Mercedes” parts. I bought a replacement Behr fan for this car. Right where the original had the star imprinted, the replacement had been altered with a hot tool to remove that logo and the 100% markup that went with it.
I love this old car and I do believe that oem parts are
Usually better and easier to install. Just not going to spend stupid money for the identical part,
i have a 2014 350 that suffered a rock strike to the
Evap coil. NOT. A warranty item. Genuine MB
replacement at $ 2230. Pretty painful. Independent
shop around the corner $630 with Nissen coil. If I sell this later be forewarned it has a NON FACTORY part
that functions beautifully and is just as thin and flimsy as the OEM
Old 02-18-2018, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Good deal on Nissen coil, but it is not performance part. It is all shaped metal afterall and Chinese can do it well, just like they do brake rotors.
Buying OEM parts gets tricky those days, especially that lot of sellers mislead customers by telling "OEM supplier" what your Behr fan likely was.
Still parts with MB logo, no mater if from Czech Republic, or China do have MB quality control and that is what you pay for.
Why did you not take the non-fitting sensor back?
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM

211. and212
CPS

electrical parts are not returnable especially when the
magnet had scuff marks on it from being too close to whatever triggers it, I am not a snowflake and I do realize that one must accept the challenge in do it ur self but this whole drama was because the seller did NOT know there is a difference, now you do, My time is valuable ( to me at least)