ABS, ESP, Run Flat indicator, Speedometer inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4MATIC Sport
ABS, ESP, Run Flat indicator, Speedometer inoperative

Can someone please assist me?

I have a 2007 E350 4Matic (W211) and I recently changed my low beam HID headlight bulbs (D1S -35W) with cheap bulbs I found on Amazon. They both flicker when turned on and eventually one lights and the over tries to light and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. The same day that I drove with these new, garbage bulbs, the yellow triangle and ABS warning lights appeared on my dash and the malfunction display stated:

ABS, ESP inoperative, Run Flat indicator inoperative, Speedometer inoperative

I also have limited power steering.

Could these issues be caused by a brake switch malfunction? Could it be just a coincidence that these problems started immediately after replacing my HID bulbs? I have ordered name brand bulbs to replace these garbage bulbs. Am I causing additional damage by driving the car in this state?

I would really appreciate guidance regarding these issues or a redirect to a thread that addresses these issue.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
you bought cheap bulbs.

wheel speed sensor or stop lamp switch could be esp issue.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:51 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
Originally Posted by cmriv
you bought cheap bulbs.

wheel speed sensor or stop lamp switch could be esp issue.
I have E550 Model Year 2009 purchased new factory delivery. Just had 100,000 miles service last month. On the left side near the turn signal indicator a yellow triangle light appeared while driving. There was no change in the speed there were no faults shown in the message area. I drove the vehicle for about forty miles after I noticed the light. I was on the way to a meeting. I parked the vehicle in the garage returned two hours later to drive back home the yellow triangle light was gone. I drove another 50 miles home and the light has not returned. When the light was on it was constant and not flashing. I used to get low tire pressure messages at the recommended tire pressure the front smaller tires were set at 32 PSI and the larger rear tires were set at 36 PSI. All the tire sensors were checked. The Indy shop said keep all the tires at 38 PSI about a year ago. I have not had a problem with the low tire pressure warning since.

I have never seen the yellow triangle light appear before. What do you think the cause is?

Last edited by E2233; 05-20-2018 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Grammar and dates.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Something related to esp/abs
Old 12-03-2018, 04:22 PM

W204
Replace the fuel filter

I have same problem in last days. On electronic diagnosis i have that error ,,Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit Low" or something like this.
In fact, due to the cold temperatures of the last period, the water in the fuel filter has frozen and slowed down / blocked the fuel flow. In my case the
engine started and stopped in a few seconds with the same errors with SRS and RUNFLAT plus the yellow check Engine Check Engine.
It has been solved very simply by replacing the fuel filter. Even if you probably solved the problem, maybe someone will need this answer.
Sincerely, George.