E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E320
Thumbs down Recall

LOS ANGELES (CBS.MW) - DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz unit recalled some of its passenger cars due to potential problems with a brake system and its Chrysler unit recalled some Dodge trucks and sport utility vehicles due to suspected problems with the windshield wipers.

A spokesperson for DaimlerChrysler (DCX) said Mercedes-Benz voluntarily recalled its some 680,000 of its E- and SL-class cars worldwide to check the vehicles' Sensotronic Brake Control system.

The potential brake problem affects "certain vehicles that are used above and beyond normal daily use" such as taxis, the spokesperson said, adding that the recall applies to E-class cars built since March 2002 and SL-class cars built since October 2001.

Chrysler's voluntary recall of about 353,000 of its 2002-2004 Dodge Dakota pickup trucks and its 2002-2003 Dodge Durango sport utility vehicles is necessary to correct a potential problem with the windshield wiper module, he said.

The spokesperson declined to comment on costs related to the recall.

:o
Old 05-17-2004, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well at least they are doing the recall. Which is better than ignoring the previous issues with other models.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
The Australian Mercedes-Benz web-site has published the 'recall' and is inviting all owners of relevant E-class to visit their dealer for a free safety check.

Our own Mercedes-Benz web-site News section still refers to the first quarter of 2002!!!!!

I suppose it is possible that I might have a problem with my browser, but if not then I would recommend they change the heading from 'News' to 'History'

Regards
John
Sunny Torquay