E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

03 e500 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03 mercedes e500 5.0 v8 04 honda accord 3.0 v6
03 e500 exhaust

I have a 2003 e500. Non 4matic. Was airmatic but now on bcracing br series coilovers. I love this car, its my baby. But theres a issue... When the airmatic suspension went out completely, i had it on uneven ground. When it was time to work on it, it was bottomed out on the exhaust and i had no choice but to drag it out. In return exhaust flanges ripped apart in a couple spots not completely but driver side front cat pulled completely apart.... But this was done before any of this. So is this common? Anyway, i took it to my buddy that does alot of exhaust and body work on American muscle cars... He took a look at the benz quoted $150us to completely repair entire exhaust BUT he wanted my permission to cut my cats out... The car has a putter and slight tick that wasnt there before so im 99% sure its just the exhaust back pressure being off. Or something of that sort. But hes certain my cats are clogged... Any ideas? Ill try to post a video not sure if it will work tho. But has anyone just had a cat go bad from sitting for 2 months(i started atleast once a week and had brand new oil in it? Anyone else had issues with the exhaust that caused rough idle and lack of power? Other than all of this runs drives and shifts great. TICK GOES AWAY WHEN REVING IN PARK BUT SLIGHT TICK WHILE UNDER LOAD (driving). Check e light is on i figured due to faulty signal to 02 sensor because of exhaust which im assuming could also cause rough idle. Will have scanned tomorrow. I want my v8 to sound more "rowdy" when getting on it. But i dont want to feel like im in a 92 camaro either... Is deleting cats a bad idea if so whats the best idea for front cats, better sound and my power back.