E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CD player Ejecting noise, constant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
CD player Ejecting noise, constant

I am going to assume this is a fault. Everytime I get into my 09 e350, the CD player starts making noise. The whirring, whizzing noise such as when acceptingsCDs, and same noise as when it is wants to eject CDs. This cycles a few times and then shuts up when I start driving. It happens right after I open the doors.

The COMAND head units are very expensive replacements

. I just wonder if anyone has any insight, tips, or has any other odd noises from CD player when it is starting up.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:08 PM

fleet
does anyones later model w211 Cd player make noise when they get into the car and start it up?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:33 AM

fleet
So far I just get in and drive, and it shuts up after a while. Who knows if this is normal.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B180d 2010
Originally Posted by e350forme
I am going to assume this is a fault. Everytime I get into my 09 e350, the CD player starts making noise. The whirring, whizzing noise such as when acceptingsCDs, and same noise as when it is wants to eject CDs. This cycles a few times and then shuts up when I start driving. It happens right after I open the doors.

The COMAND head units are very expensive replacements

. I just wonder if anyone has any insight, tips, or has any other odd noises from CD player when it is starting up.
I have a 2010 B180d and same issue started to happen after I replaced my battery. On top of the funny noise every time I get in the car, the cd player is not working anymore and the CDs are jammed in the cd changer. I have tried different method I saw on the internet including disconnecting battery, replacing fuse and even punching the audio but none of them worked. Appreciate if anyone knows the solution.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:41 PM

fleet
Just to update, the cd player gets stuck in eject mode everytime i start car, it still happens, but it stops after a minute or so. cd player inop, no problem