Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
AC troubleshooting - sensors reading

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/ac-air-...le-codes-list/
This is probably the best troubleshooting site with general knowledge for MB digital climatronic systems, but only few W211 are equipped with climatronic who can read the sensors and with lack of stickies guidance, we are getting new topics over and over again asking for guidance.
So here is my iCarsoft MBII, what I think is the best MB scanner at this point before going into SD trouble &expense.
"The picture is worth 1000 words", so I let the pictures speak. They show procedure how to get to AC live data (I skipped pictures of starting procedure how to enter you car MY).
So when you have trouble with your AC and you have no codes, or just cleared them, you need to read sensors at least twice:
1. on cold car before starting the engine. Good in garage or outside before sun will warm the cabin. That will allow to see sensor calibration. All temp sensors should read the same +- couple degrees.
2. on hot car, best when park for at least 1 hr in full sun. Read the sensors before engine start, than start the engine and observe. how B12/2 refrigerant pressure changes in next few minutes.
If you can't interpret the data yourself, post the numbers here and me, or the other member will help.

After entering MB menu and entering your MY you go to options menu

here you follow

and follow

read/record and then clear fault memory if you have codes in it. Than proceed to data stream

Page 1 of sensors values- scroll down scanner for page 2 (for MY 2008 the refrigerant temp sensor is discontinued - that is why it shows -99)

Page 2 of sensors values.

Last edited by kajtek1; 11-12-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

for comparison

this is what MaxiEcu shows.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E270 cdi 2004
Thanks Kajtek1 for posting screen shots. My order for the same scanner is on the way so I am on the learning curve for this scanner.
I understand these values can be read on 4-zone climate control cars on AC panel except that you have to decode the codes shown on the panel starting with 00 and goes upto 99?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I actually replaced climatronic on my 2008 model with 4 zones one just for the sensor reading, but can't find the sensor number correlation.
It is different than in older models, where 3 and 4 were core temp, what on W211 seems to be interior temp.
For me crucial is #7 refrigerant pressure what is the same and I don't worry about other sensors. .
Also W211 climatronic won't read the errors, or at least nobody found the menu.
The following users liked this post:
Azeem (09-24-2018)