E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Airmatic malfunction warning, no apparent issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 c230 Sport
Airmatic malfunction warning, no apparent issues?

Hey y'all...

recently traded in my c230 for an 07 e550 4matic luxury model. Love the car, and everything works. Apperently, even the airmatic suspension, but every time I start the car, I get the up arrow in the car outline warning on the dash.

drove the car, and went back three days later and made the trade. In between, I went and looked at the car twice, and the suspension was holding perfectly. When I park in my drive, the car is a bit off level, and the car levels itself. If I use the sport button, the car lowers itself like it's supposed to, and raises back up when I put it back to comfort. The only thing that doesn't work is the rise button on the console.

I am thinking I will buy a scanner and see what codes it is showing, because that is about the same price as having one of the local Benz shops do a diagnostic on it. Just curious if anyone else has seen the same issue, and what it took to resolve it. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Definitely wait until you pull fault code(s) before replacing parts, could be a level sensor.