E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2018 | 10:33 AM

2009 350E Wagon
Bluetooth

Have a 2009 E 211 Wagon with original Command.

Would like to keep the Command, but my new Iphone 8+ Bluetooth connects to the Command for phone calls, but the calls are interrupted by breaks in the Bluetooth connection making the calls intelligible.

I already have a separate device to stream music from the phone - but would prefer to use the command to make and take calls.

HELP!

I have heard that this is compatibility issue with the new Bluetooth 5.0 not being compatible with the older Command units. Does anyone have a workaround that does not involve replacing the Command - or using a separate external compatible Bluetooth speaker for the phone. I already have one of these - and the bugger also plays music and other things when I am on calls.
Old 09-07-2018 | 10:06 PM

2008 E320 BlueTec, 1980 300 SD
Originally Posted by Harlemknight
Have a 2009 E 211 Wagon with original Command.

Would like to keep the Command, but my new Iphone 8+ Bluetooth connects to the Command for phone calls, but the calls are interrupted by breaks in the Bluetooth connection making the calls intelligible.

I already have a separate device to stream music from the phone - but would prefer to use the command to make and take calls.

HELP!

I have heard that this is compatibility issue with the new Bluetooth 5.0 not being compatible with the older Command units. Does anyone have a workaround that does not involve replacing the Command - or using a separate external compatible Bluetooth speaker for the phone. I already have one of these - and the bugger also plays music and other things when I am on calls.

Easy solution:
Switch to older iPhone!

iPhone 5S works & connects fine with 2008 W211 Bluetooth.

Not sure what your car has, but mine has fiber optics connecting the head unit with the unit in the trunk which I would not want to mess with.
Old 09-13-2018 | 01:57 AM

2017 C250 W205
AFAIK this is an IPhone problem.
Just google search "iphone bluetooth unreliable" and you'll find many, many hits.
I got an IPhone SE and the Bluetooth connection to the APS 20 in my car isn't 100% reliable either.