Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Can Bluetooth be added? >

Can Bluetooth be added?

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can Bluetooth be added?

 
Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Can Bluetooth be added?

My 2008 E350 does not have Bluetooth connectivity. Is there some way this capability can be added?
tombon is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 09:27 PM
  #2  
Member
 
arto_wa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: S. W. Washington State
Posts: 248
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2008 E320 BlueTec, 1980 300 SD
Try searching the W211 section of this forum, I think you will find lot of information.

Music playback from iPhone etc. is pretty easy to add.
Phone connection little more involved I think (mine had it already).

Last edited by arto_wa; 09-17-2018 at 09:30 PM.
arto_wa is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:41 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,052
Received 200 Likes on 189 Posts
2007 E63 (currently for sale), 2001 E320 wagon, 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, 2000 Honda VFR800
Originally Posted by arto_wa View Post
Try searching the W211 section of this forum, I think you will find lot of information.

Music playback from iPhone etc. is pretty easy to add.
Phone connection little more involved I think (mine had it already).
You can't use the OEM bluetooth for music on these cars. It only works on phone calls.
Strigoi is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:25 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Long Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 756
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by tombon View Post
My 2008 E350 does not have Bluetooth connectivity. Is there some way this capability can be added?
My 2008 E350 had it but I had to buy a MHI module and put it in the center console. I got mine from Ebay but I let it go with the car when I traded it to the dealer.
Long Islander is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:14 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by arto_wa View Post
Try searching the W211 section of this forum, I think you will find lot of information..
You’re right. I found a relatively inexpensive solution for music.
If I get that to work, I'll try Long Islander's suggestion for the phone.

Thanks to all





tombon is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 03:15 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,052
Received 200 Likes on 189 Posts
2007 E63 (currently for sale), 2001 E320 wagon, 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, 2000 Honda VFR800
You can also use the AUX input in the glove box for music. You'll just have a cable hanging out of it then though.

Be aware that there is also an Ipod hook up in there as well. Only one of the two can be hooked up to the stereo at the same time. If the AUX doesn't work you have to pull the stereo out and plug that cable in.
Strigoi is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 12:34 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Long Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 756
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by Strigoi View Post
You can also use the AUX input in the glove box for music. You'll just have a cable hanging out of it then though.

Be aware that there is also an Ipod hook up in there as well. Only one of the two can be hooked up to the stereo at the same time. If the AUX doesn't work you have to pull the stereo out and plug that cable in.
The iPod hookup was optional, so the OP might not have that. If you hook up an iPod output (earphone jack) to the spot in the glove compartment, it won't charge up the iPod but it will produce music in the car.

Last edited by Long Islander; 09-19-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Long Islander is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 12:54 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 3,395
Received 358 Likes on 320 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
The iPod hookup was optional, so the OP might not have that. If you hook up an iPod output (earphone jack) to the spot in the glove compartment, it won't charge up the iPod but it will produce music in the car.
You could also add the ipod cables to Comand, but it's not that cheap. I actually prefer the ipod cable to bluetooth in my W212. I use an ipod touch so I can control the music from the steering wheel. When I get a phone call, it gets cut off but then starts up again as soon as I hang up. On the W212, when I use bluetooth for music on the phone, on a long call, it tends to cut off the music and I have to dig through the phone get it started again. Plus it tends to skip once in a while as bluetooth isn't a wired connection.
cetialpha5 is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can Bluetooth be added?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: