E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can I get my deposit back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I get my deposit back?

I ordered a car last week that they were able to locate at another dealer. Im supposed to take delivery on Friday but now im wondering if I should get another color.

How pissed off will the dealer be and can they hold my deposit if I refuse the order? Im over the 3 day time limit.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Re: Can I get my deposit back?

As long as you haven't had the car paper work under your name (put it this way, as long as the transaction isn't completed), you are entitled to get full deposit back.

It's federal law, so don't worry. If they decide to go hardball on them, threat them w/ lawsuit.

Originally posted by spubar
I ordered a car last week that they were able to locate at another dealer. Im supposed to take delivery on Friday but now im wondering if I should get another color.

How pissed off will the dealer be and can they hold my deposit if I refuse the order? Im over the 3 day time limit.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:31 PM

E500
Yes, you can always get the deposite back.

BUT>>>>

Why did you order the car and not want it? That is kind of XXXXXX. What is the "ordering" means to you? You are protect by the law that dealer has to giving back the deposite. But how will you felt if dealership giving you back the deposite and sell your car to someone else?

When ever you placing a deposite that mean you know you wanted the car. If you are not sure, don't put any deposite on it. Make the life simple.

In your case: You are asking the dealership to find the car for you and the dealership might have spend additional time, human resource and money on top of your car. Now, you don't want it? It is not how pissed the dealership will be, it is how a man you are. You have every rigth to pick any color, but not playing game liek this. Just but your feets on his shoes.

But there are always exception. If you are getting the car in such a good color and option. Maybe that you cancel your deal might help the dealership selling the car at higher price.

Anyway, do what you wanted. Think before making decision. In CA, there is not cooling off period. AND don't waste anybody else's time.

Last edited by rusnakmb; 06-08-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:11 PM

i decided to keep the car i ordered. u sound pissed are u a dealer lol.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:33 PM

E500
haha, NO, I am not ****.

It is just I can felt the pain for that salesperson. Getting a car sometimes wasn't easy. It may take up to few days to just get 1 car.

Remember, none of the dealership or salesperson have to do "extra" for customers. It is just they want the business from customers.

Good luck with your new E Class. Enjoy!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
if you dont like the color, dont listen to what anyone says, and get your money back. they will sell the car, so dont feel bad. thats thier job, and you about to put down a lot of money, so if everything isnt perfect for you, dont get it.... i can reccoemend one thing though, im sure your dealer would sppreciate it if you got the color in mind, and bought the car from there. then, they wont take it personally, and you wont feel bad, as long as you get a good deal. GL with your decision.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:15 PM

only amg
can i get my deposit back

keep up the good work rusnakmb, soon enough you will have everyone reading these threads not wanting to do business with you, also spellcheck it is a beautiful tool, use it
Old 06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
You have to realize. that your dealer had to buy that car from the dealer that had it. (Legally they don't "trade" them...and the dealer that hat the car may have enough on hand of what your dealer was willing to sell HIM.) If you backed out, that would have left the dealer with a car he didn't have to get rid of to begin with, which he now does. Its not a nice thing to do, and if you don't care you could cancel, however, the dealer was caused to spend his money at your behest, so in court, you can't make someone spend money or do work for you & just leave them hanging. A judge would give the dealer some money as long as the dealer tried to mitigate his damages. (Try to find a buyer within a month at the same contracted price as yours).

Its not nice, & it may cost you a little dough...and if the dealer put a note on your computer record, you might have to wait extra long for a service appointment...if you chose to service there.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:46 PM

Rusnack I've been reading some of your posts and I can't believe your a dealer. Im surprised if anyone here would do business with you after reading some of the things you have said.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by spubar
Rusnack I've been reading some of your posts and I can't believe your a dealer. Im surprised if anyone here would do business with you after reading some of the things you have said.
Do I want to go here????? Nawww, better not... At least I'm not the only one.........
Old 06-08-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spubar:

What color are you getting?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i agrree with you all, he is giving MB a bad name, and shouldnt be typing with that attitude. i dont think they can get money out of you, since there isnt a binding agreement, unless they already shipped it, and if they did, and they charged you, they of course would have told you. GL
Old 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Almost a Member!

W211 E320 4Matic
Hell on Harley,

I suspect that much of the odd grammar, sentence structure, fragmented thoughts, and unique spelling is a result of the broad membership of this forum, which is using English as a common medium, from participants that may not have English as a native language. I have read many posts that leave me shaking my head in wonder if the text is the result of a limited grasp of the common language, a youngster, a translation program gone amok, or an idiot… it is kinder to assume the former.

Stephen
Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by schristo
Hell on Harley,

I suspect that much of the odd grammar, sentence structure, fragmented thoughts, and unique spelling is a result of the broad membership of this forum, which is using English as a common medium, from participants that may not have English as a native language. I have read many posts that leave me shaking my head in wonder if the text is the result of a limited grasp of the common language, a youngster, a translation program gone amok, or an idiot… it is kinder to assume the former.

Stephen
Thanks for your clarification, and I also assumed the "former"... My comment pertained to some of the past threads and info he has posted....
Old 06-08-2004, 10:08 PM

E500
wow, that alot of heat here.

Don't get me wrong. You should buy what you like since you are the one paying for it. Nothing is wrong. But... why bother to "order" something you might not like? Keep it simple.

just pick any car you like. E class is a great car to drive.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:14 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Guessing game

Will the real Rusnakmb please stand up? My guess is you are from Korea working at a dealership that caters to the many new wealth immigrants. You speak your mind a little more bluntly than we are used to hearing from the old school Mercedes salesmen but your posts do appear from the heart.

Last edited by northbenz; 06-09-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
Actually, from that animated gif in his signature, I would think he is very angry.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:09 AM

E500
Originally posted by schristo
Hell on Harley,

Stephen
Originally posted by northbenz
Will the real Rusnakmb please stand up? My guess is you are from Korea working at a dealership that caters to the many new wealth immigrants. You speak your mind a little more bluntly than we are used to hearing from the old school Mercedes salesmen but your posts do appear from the heart.
Hmm,

I think races doesn't really matter here, wasn't it? I am not Korean, but what is wrong of been Korean? The computer infront of you were basically made in Asia.

Immigrants? Most of us here were all immigrants, unless you are native Indian. (for people in US..) Please do not mention about nationality or races. This is a forum for MB discuss, not attacking of races. For people who knew little of US History, you know where most of early immigrates are from and whom they are.

Maybe my spelling and grammer weren't as good as you'll, but how many languages do you speaks? There nothing to brag about if you only knew one. You should be good. There are always people better than you. Com'on, drop it.

Please accept my apology if I have offended anyone. It is hard to say sorry, but it is harder to forgive.

Good luck to you all.

BTW, the animated gif I pick up few days ago from another MB forum. I think it is cute. That is it.

Last edited by rusnakmb; 06-09-2004 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:09 AM

'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
A screaming stuffed animal, with pointed teeth, waving or pounding its arms in violently is angry, not cute.

I actually find it quite hostile and press the 'stop button', the one with red 'X', on the toolbar to stop the waving when it appears in a post.

Irrespective of number of languages spoken, it is how your use of the language is interputed by others speaking that language. Your use adds an extra hostility and seems argumentative.

Sometimes, when I think the tone of a letter or e-mail may be questionable, I ask my wife for her opinion. That may also work for you.

David
Old 06-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
If up to date I estimate 4 candidates. No offense rusnakmb just clearing the way so your future posts might be better understood.

http://www.rusnakautogroup.com/about...s-Benz+Arcadia
Old 06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
I think what people find offensive and/or irritating, rusknakmb, is your quick defense of the dealerships and a seeming dismissal of a buyers right to complain.

Going back and looking at your posts in this and other threads it seems that you are usually defending MB and dealers and minimizing posts that share problems with the car or with the dealerships.

An example would be your recent flaming of a poster in another thread that was asking about getting his deposit back after having a change of heart about the color ordered. Your post was only sympathic with the salesman who would lose the order. You seemed to think that the poster should pay the 60k and live with the undesired color so that the salesman would be happy.
He decided to accept the car...so it was a mute issue...but your post reflected your belief that the dealership and salesmen would have been more important.

Just my observation. You do seem to be a long way out of step with the majority here.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:05 PM

It could be any of the 17 people. One of them speaks Armenian, Arabic, and English. Armenian and Arabic? I wonder how you end up with that combination!

Apparently no Japanese speakers though. And only one Spanish speaker here. In NY-NJ, Spanish, Porteguese, French, Korean, Chinese, and Arabic would be nice to have...and occasionally Italian. In Califfornia, I would have thought there would have been a lot of Japanese buyers.

David
Old 06-09-2004, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Most Japanese I know bought Lexus or Infinity for luxury.

Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean go for German car.

Originally posted by DavidNJ
It could be any of the 17 people. One of them speaks Armenian, Arabic, and English. Armenian and Arabic? I wonder how you end up with that combination!

Apparently no Japanese speakers though. And only one Spanish speaker here. In NY-NJ, Spanish, Porteguese, French, Korean, Chinese, and Arabic would be nice to have...and occasionally Italian. In Califfornia, I would have thought there would have been a lot of Japanese buyers.

David
Old 06-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally posted by DavidNJ
It could be any of the 17 people.
Yes, but you can narrow it down to 4 because the others list english as a primary.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:18 PM

E55
I thought RusnakMB was only trying to point out the amount of effort involved in getting a car from another dealer and one should really feel strongly before canceling.

I have asked for and got deposits back. Still, I would not be casual about it.

BTW, I found the Rusnak site very nice. What is the difference between Mandarin and Chinese.

The quality of English on this site is not very good. But it is understandeable most of the time. I don't think we need the language police quite yet.

Racial stereotyping is not warranted at all. My guess is the worst English is coming from people who speak it well getting sloppy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can I get my deposit back?