E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MBstar logo appearing on console screen but no music playing, much trouble shooting..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
MBstar logo appearing on console screen but no music playing, much trouble shooting..

Greetings everyone!

I have a 2003 W211 E320. Mechanically and body wise still in great shape, and still in love with this car!

However about half a year ago the music stopped playing through the speakers in the car and basically the MB logo just turns on then off after about 20 seconds and nothing happens.
So I came across this video on youtube and its precisely the exact same issue I have.

However I do not have the multi CD changer as well as the navigation system. So i went through with bypassing the voice module and the teleAid module and unfortunately nothing worked
I also checked the radio fuse and its working just fine.

My question is: has anyone had this issue and found a simple fix to it? seems both those modules are fine since bypassing them didn't make the radio work.

Much appreciate any input!
Old 10-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Install minimum configuration (head unit and AGW only) loop-in single modules until defective MOST device is located. If minimum configuration fails AGE (amplifier) needs replacement need VIN to supply part #.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MOST ring function.pdf (88.9 KB, 62 views)