S211 "visit workshop"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Class 320cdi
Question S211 "visit workshop"

Hello everyone,

I am really looking for help regarding my E320CDI T-Model, with self leveling suspension, NOT Airmatic.

Basically the problem is that the car shows a "visit a workshop" error. And this error somehow related with my Bi-Xenon headlight, because when car is being parked overnight or even driving the error pops up and the Xenon stays/lowers to the lowest position (illuminates 10 meters max.) doesn't adjust. And after restarting ignition couple of times error disappears and the Xenons adjust to normal position.

My first thoughts were to replace the height sensor first, which haven't made any difference, the error still appears. By the way that was NOT a genuine Mercedes part.
Later i connect to "Star Diagnostics" and it does show an error for rear height sensor which i replaced. But a funny thing is that the sensor itself still shows a correct voltage and height itself moves after putting a load on the rear axle.

So, I am really interested if someone had this problem before. What should i do next? Maybe to try and buy a Genuine Mercedes Height Sensor, check the wiring, auxiliary Battery is also really old.