E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

My damn radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
My damn radio

sooo I’ve been on the web for a fat ****ing minute now and I’ve done everything but take my radio apart but to get to my problem when I manually turn on the radio it just sits there on the Mercedes Benz screen until I manually turn it off (does not turn off on its own) what tf Is the problem here? Definitely not fuses
Old 10-23-2018, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
There's an extensive collection of threads about various problems with the radio. Try searching for Comand (one M, it's how MB spells it), bypass loop, audio gateway. I think there's also a reset procedure too. But my guess is either the audio gateway or some other item in the loop is defective and you can either get a cheap bypass loop and try it in various systems til you find the bad one. I'm also not sure, but if you get an MB specific scanner like an Autel Diaglink it might tell you what the bad device is.

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-23-2018, 01:15 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by Mahn Jollo
sooo I’ve been on the web for a fat ****ing minute now and I’ve done everything but take my radio apart but to get to my problem when I manually turn on the radio it just sits there on the Mercedes Benz screen until I manually turn it off (does not turn off on its own) what tf Is the problem here? Definitely not fuses
first You need to identify which radio you have, call mercedes with VIN or post a picture.