E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Power folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Power folding mirrors

Power folding mirrorsA little while ago i installed power folding mirrors from a 08 which i presume came from a right hand drive car because the passenger side mirror (right side) has the dimming glass and the drivers side (left side) does not, they do fold when i press the switch and they also respond to the left, right, up or down commands. two issues i have notices though,

1. the passenger side no longer tilts when the car is in reverse and yes i have double and triple checked the settings and curb assist is on but nothing happens when i go in reverse, however it does dim when lights are flashed from behind which i think its pretty cool,

2. when i put on the defrost the passenger side gets hot as it should but the drivers side it doesn't now i'm thinking there might be a loose or broken wire but when i looked behind the glass both wires are connected and look fine, i'm going to see if i can find a drivers side glass with the tint option and then look into the heat issue

Anyway sorry for the long post but i tried to include as much info so y'all can get a clear picture of what's going on, as always any input on a solution is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:58 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Purchase a DVM and read the resistance of the mirror heater, of course it has to be unplugged from the vehicle when you read it, then post your result here.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Update, i changed the mirror glass and its working fine, auto dim and heat.