W211 2004 Bluetooth module and nav drive install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
W211 2004 Bluetooth module and nav drive install

Hey guys

so my e320 has two spiral thick wires which look like the wiring for telephone in the centre conolse. No cradle or anything inside though, so I’m guessing I only have the preinstallation. I want to go ahead with a Bluetooth module which would let me hook-up my iPhone 6s Plus and use the controls from the steering wheel and command screen for making and ending calls, as well as the volume controls. I’m not too fussed about getting one which comes with the ability to play music from my phone. The one I’m looking at comes with a microphone but I’d rather use the in-car mike to keep things original as possible, and I don’t want to add wires all over the place in-cabin.

additionally, I read that one can simply buy the nav drive and disks and do an installation easily from the trunk. Am I correct to believe that, if I open the left trunk panel and find a metal bracket, that’s likely the bracket for the nav drive and I won’t need to buy the bracket? Also, if my car does not have the teleaid function ON, I don’t need a GPS splitter, yeah?