E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Please Help me ! engine noise!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz e350 w211
Unhappy Please Help me ! engine noise!!

Hello all friends around the world world , today i went for somewhere that far from my place by 40KM , before Start drivig routinly i checked all parts of my car including engine oil level and coolant system... When i back to my place while driving i just reached 160 Km/h for a 5 seconds and there were no problem, after 20 min when I arrived before turning off the engine i heard a rattling sound andnoisy!!! I just opend the bonnet clearly i heard rattling sound when I checked oil leve, i was surprised because there were not any oil in my engine!! I checked again after turning of the car for 10 Min , it was the samething and there were not any oil inside engine.. I checked all parts of engine bellow i could see any oil or leaking !! I just surprised where is the oil!?? Where it is gone?? Pls just could you tell me if my engine has been damaged or not?? Does this condition will harm the engine??
Old 11-09-2018, 04:50 AM

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
LS400
If no leaks, then it has to be burning it. And yes it is not good to be running with no or very low oil pressure. I would not run it until you, either add oil, or better yet just drain out what is in there now to check how much is left. And just do an oil change with new filter and see if that helps make the noise go away. Please let us know what you find.
The following users liked this post:
Aram Kakamend (11-09-2018)