E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Is This Something New for Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Is This Something New for Parts

Just FYI. I saw this article in the November issue of Motor Magazine saying that MB recently launched StarParts, a new replacement parts line manufactured and designed by MB for vehicles five years and older. Products in the StarParts line are created using new techniques, alternative manufacturing material, and targeted standardized variants all without sacrificing quality and fit, says MB. StarParts can be ordered through any local MB dealership or independent repair shop.

http://www.mbwholesaleparts.com/starparts

Mike T.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,394 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Yeah., you can trust what salesman says
I prefer to buy MB parts from MB dealer as in case of (rare) failure, I can pursue warranty at local dealer.
Husker not only is official MB dealer, but most of the time offers the lowest prices.
Even if Husker is couple bucks more, I rather pay more for the warranty.
All the aftermarket MB parts suppliers come and go, so you don't know if they will be still on the market next year.
Autohousaz is the only supplier that stays solid for years, but then they don't offer more complicated MB parts.

Last edited by kajtek1; 11-18-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,174 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by kajtek1
Yeah., you can trust what salesman says
I prefer to buy MB parts from MB dealer as in case of (rare) failure, I can pursue warranty at local dealer.
Husker not only is official MB dealer, but most of the time offers the lowest prices.
Even if Husker is couple bucks more, I rather pay more for the warranty.
All the aftermarket MB parts suppliers come and go, so you don't know if they will be still on the market next year.
Autohousaz is the only supplier that stays solid for years, but then they don't offer more complicated MB parts.
I don't think you read the message. MB Starparts is from MB. It's just a cheaper line they created so they could recapture some profits loss to 3rd party manufacturers of aftermarket parts. You can still order them from an MB dealer.