NAV DVD wont eject, broken trunk wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
NAV DVD wont eject, broken trunk wire

My Nav stopped working a few months ago, but i am missing its convenience, so I attempted to eject the DVD many times and it wouldnt, so I was thinking it wasnt even in the drive. Is that possible? That the dealer could have ejected it months before, BUT IT CONTINUED TO WORK months later? Anyway I stuck an unburned DVD IN there and now it wont come out either. You hear the motor whirring but no eject. So I removed the lining and of course there is the broken wire going up the trunk hinge, is this for the third brake light? The wire might have a yellow tracer, have to get a brighter flashlight. But whatever it is for its not monitored by the SAM. But then there is some sponge dust from the center of the spring on top of the drive, maybe caused infitration of the drive. My WIS is so slow after I put it on a SSD its unuseable, this is a problem only with the VMPLAYER, everything else is fast. I am going to have to put the HD back in my laptop for now to hopefully see out how to get the DVD drive out.
Anyone have these problems?