E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Control system menu not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S55
Control system menu not working

I can not get in to my control system menus. I do have the big red brake visit shop now warning on and I'm not sure if that prevents access to the control system menus or not?

It could be the left side navigation buttons ( page up & down & +/-) are not working, is there a fuse for these? Or I could be doing it wrong? I do know that the right side radio buttons work if that helps rule out a possible fuse issue?

I have tried the FSS reset procedures and again nothing, just the brake warning light.

Can someone point me to some trouble shooting threads on how to either get into the control system menus or diagnose the access problem(s)? I've searched the whole forum and can't find anything, probably the terminology from the owners manual is not what's used here and that's why my searches are coming up blank.

Also does anyone have a star scan near Walnut, Diamond Bar, City of Industry CA? There's a few lights on and I could use a quick scan print out to see where I need to start, to clean this thing up?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Cambz; 01-23-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S55
Found out control system Access shut off when big "brake visit workshop" fault warning is present.

Last edited by Cambz; 01-26-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Thanks for the update!