New member--need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
New member--need advice

My parents are looking to buy an E-class soon, and i just had a few questions:

- is there a really big difference between the e320 and e500?
- are there any lease deals going on at the moment?
- what are the must have options?
- how much are some of you paying for a lease on a e320 or e500?
- does the e class have alot of problems? MB quality has been crap lately, and i dont want my parents to get a headache over the car. My mom drives an LS430 at the moment, but the lease is gonna be done soon.
- any recommended dealerships in the LA area?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
buy as much as you can reasonably afford. E500 loaded!! Worth every penny
Old 06-23-2004, 06:54 PM

'16 528i MSport
E500 if your parents crave the power but a E320 options loaded will suffice (i.e. Keyless Go, Premium Pkg, Appearance, and Lighting Pkg)
Old 06-23-2004, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
hey, your mom has a ls430, you can really compare the ls430 with the e500. the ls430 like the 500 has a lot of torque, and the 430, i believe is a tad bit quicker, not sure from a roll, so if your parents like the power, the 500 would be the way to go. marcusbenz has sold a lot of cars here, and im sure hell post in this thread, he has SOOO many happy customers, and he is at house of imports, south of la i believe. if your planning to get an 05, i wouldnt worry about problems, MB hopefully is in a new direction, and they have put away with a lot of thier gimmicks. the e320 will be a lot slower, and has less options. i know your lease is almost over with the lexus, but why not keep it, its a much better luxurious vehicle than the E, and im sure has had no probs. not trying to deter you, but the 430 is sure hard to beat. GL with your decision.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:13 PM

2004 E500
I agree with Brav and DeCeptakOn. If I had to prioritize, I would say: Bi-Zenons (part of appearance package), keyless go, parktronic, Navigation, and pano roof are must haves -- in that order. The rest are nice-to-have.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:32 PM

Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally posted by bmms8
hey, your mom has a ls430, you can really compare the ls430 with the e500. the ls430 like the 500 has a lot of torque, and the 430, i believe is a tad bit quicker, not sure from a roll, so if your parents like the power, the 500 would be the way to go. marcusbenz has sold a lot of cars here, and im sure hell post in this thread, he has SOOO many happy customers, and he is at house of imports, south of la i believe. if your planning to get an 05, i wouldnt worry about problems, MB hopefully is in a new direction, and they have put away with a lot of thier gimmicks. the e320 will be a lot slower, and has less options. i know your lease is almost over with the lexus, but why not keep it, its a much better luxurious vehicle than the E, and im sure has had no probs. not trying to deter you, but the 430 is sure hard to beat. GL with your decision.
Ya, your right, the LS430 has had no problems whatsoever. They love that car, but my parents want a benz this time though. We've never really tried a european car before. All the past cars have been lexus/acura/infiniti. My parents would consider the S class, but my mom says its too big for her to drive. And isn't it getting redesigned next year? I don't think my mom cares for speed much, just as long as it has enough power and isn't a turtle. My relatives are telling my parents to get a bimmer(since they all drive bimmers), but my mom hates the way bimmers look now. She says mercedes is her choice

Last edited by ColdFusion; 06-23-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Look at the signatures of the posters in this community. Most of us have our options listed so you will have a pretty good feel for what WE liked. I thing many of the people here are into performance and luxury. The E5 is a powerfull quick car, with some nice touches not included in the E3, but optionally available. I'd say get as much as you can afford & still enjoy making the payments?