E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

06 e350 4matic need help !!!!!!

Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 mercedes e350 4matic
Exclamation 06 e350 4matic need help !!!!!!

Hello all I recently changed my intake manifold due to plastic wearing out and breaking on front of itwith throttle actuator and inside bearing worn as well, after replacing I ran into issue because in a rush like I was I didn't mark the correlating cam sensor plugs so when unplugged both on right and left bank I didn't mark them so when putting back hafd no clue as to which was for intake or exhaust ???? seeing how both plug in each of the plugs,,,,, is there any way to check on which is which ??? on my carsoft scanner it says it was getting over compensation of cam alignment which it never had before so don't want to keep flip flopping back and forth if there is a proper way to distinquish between please let me know if possible thanks again reply to this or email me at mjw245@yahoo.com all replies will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 4matic
The longer cables belong to the exhaust (outer) cams, the shorter to the intake (inner) cams.

On the passenger side there is a far bigger difference in lenght so the cables won´t fit in a wrong way.

If you made a mistake, then obviously on the driver side.