E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Unbelievable cluster-F at the dealer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unbelievable cluster-F at the dealer...

OK so I've been waiting for the delivery of my E500. This originally started nearly a month ago when the car I had put a deposit on located at the VPC was in fact not available. Dealer then locates identical car on the water but with the wood/leather wheel that ends up costing me another $400. I wait for this "new"car to come over on the boat, get processed at the VPC and it finally arrives at my dealer yesterday (Wed.).

I make arrangments to pick up my car this morning and show up at the dealer (50min from my office) this morning with my trade at 9.45am.

I end up driving away at 11.30am with a new off the lot CDI (remember I ordered an E500). Why? Because the clowns ended up prepping the wrong car! I should have known when I drove up and didn't see my car out front. Luckily the car was in fact there but it still had all of the packing stuff all over it.

Can you believe it? As a colleague said, that's like going in for surgery and having the wrong knee operated on.

Anyway, I guess if this is my big problem of the day, I shouldn't be complaining. The dealer will deliver MY car tomorrow afternoon at my office.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S4
haha funny story, how did you like the cdi??
Old 06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
wow man, sorry about your problems with wating that long, i hope you can get a good feel of the E though, i wouldnt mind driving a cdi though GL with your purchase, hope all goes well tomarrow!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Your crying about a one month wait!!!! How about waiting almost 4 months like I did.... My first car came in without the active headlights and had to reorder.
Anyway, I feel your pain and all that waiting will soon be forgotten once your behind the wheel of that fat ride.... enjoy.

Last edited by HELL ONA HARLEY; 06-25-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:38 AM

2004 E500
Everything depends on the dealer and the guy who input the configuration into the computer. I ordered my car in March, expecting a June delivery but the dealer was able to modify one of his April build allocations so I actually got the car in less than 60 days with everything I ordered. My only complaint is that the salesman told me that I could not get the wood/leather steering wheel and keyless go shift lever with the appearance group, which I now understand is not so. But, that's pretty low on the scale of grievances. Maybe the lesson here is to have the dealer print out the configuration as entered in the computer so you can double-check it. The way MB has automated production, I doubt if configuration errors are made in the factory.