Bluetooth Privacy Handset Picture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Bluetooth Privacy Handset Picture

Picture of original Mercedes BLuetooth Privacy Handset for center console. I am sure Oslo can fill us on this. I have it if anyone wants it.
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Privacy Handset Picture-img_0884.jpg  
Old 06-27-2004, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
looks different from the other one that was posted- no flip up portion. what all does this unit do?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brav
looks different from the other one that was posted- no flip up portion. what all does this unit do?
As sunman said, this is a Bluetoth Handset, not the Remote Control. Works within 10 meters from the car, Sunman, how/why did you get hold of that? Did you give up the Bluetooth install?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
i got it out of curiosity. I cannor use it though. my quest for bluetooth is still on though.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by sunman
i got it out of curiosity. I cannor use it though. my quest for bluetooth is still on though.
Since the only market for this handset is outside US, are you prepared to come up with a good price? PM me with an offer I can't resist
Old 06-29-2004, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by sunman
Why can't you use it?

Or do you not understand its purpose?

It is intended to be used as a "privacy handset", which you talk on when you don't want the other person to be heard by everyone in the car. I think you can use it in your UHI setup just as it was intended to be used!

Since UHI cradles are fixed into the middle console, the privacy handset feature is no longer a function of the cradle as it was with the older 6310i kit. Therefore an audio device connection is used via Bluetooth.

I think everyone is not clear on the path that Mercedes has taken in utilizing Bluetooth in their vehicles. I think everyone wants their Bluetooth phones to automatically connect via Bluetooth to a handsfree kit in the car, but since this method does not provide charging for the phone, a place to physically locate the phone, or standardized integration with COMAND/steering wheel controls for control/phone book /SMS, Mercedes has not taken this approach.

This is why in the past, I've stated that Bluetooth in Mercedes doesn't work the way people expect.

Maybe someday soon?

-s-