E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 AC compressor not getting amperage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E320 CDI
W211 AC compressor not getting amperage?

I have this '05 E320 CDI that I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out WHY the AC compressor won't come on after I've replaced the compressor... Everything worked great until the compressor gutted itself...
I have read probably every thread y'all have related to AC issues, - checked a bazillion things, but haven't found anything that seems to be the solution to my problem - therefore the need for me to make this post...

Yes, I have the scan tool - a "Red Brick" MT2500, and a recently acquired ICarsoft MBII scanner ... so, Yes, I have reset the AC system.

My Alldata set goes up to 2006, but when they get to the "later years" MB's - their wiring diagrams are a real joke...

The problem I seem to have is the compressor only pumps by jumping power to the compressor valve - even though the plug coming to the compressor shows power with a test light, and my Fluke meter (13.6V engine running) when the AC switch is on...

What the heck am I missing?
Thanks in advance...
Old 04-09-2019, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 343 Posts
C320
There's no clutch. The compressor is PWM controlled through a bypass valve at the back of the compressor that changes the angle of the swash plate.