E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 E320 Parts Recommendation (headlight bulbs, mirror, hood sensor)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes E320 4 MATIC
2005 E320 Parts Recommendation (headlight bulbs, mirror, hood sensor)

I bought a used E320 a few months ago and I needed to replace a few things, so I wanted some feedback on where to buy the parts online, preferably some links too!

I need to replace:

The headlight bulbs: LED bulbs in white

The rear license plate bulbs: LED white

The driver side mirror: should I buy from a dealer or will online aftermarket do?

The hood sensor: the car always thinks that the hood is open. I got it checked out at a mechanic and he told me that the sensor is broken, not the latch. I tried looking for it online but I’m not sure which is the right part.

Thank you guys so much, I’m still new to cars, especially Mercedes Benz, so apologies if I’m asking too much )
Old 04-09-2019, 09:54 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
We can help you out with the lighting. Here's our H7 LED for low beams: H7 LED kit

Although I'd highly recommend an H7 hid conversion kit instead for better light spread that your halogen housing can use: H7 Hybrid HID conversion kit

Rear plate lights use this: 36mm festoon LEDs

Would also recommend led front parking lights to match your low beams: 194 wedge LEDs

All of our stuff are canbus enabled to be compatible with your SAM for error free operation.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 E500 AMG Appearance Pkg
• driver side mirror your best bet is eBay unless you really want to give the dealer a christmas bonus.
• AZN Optics for all things LED as noted in previous post.
• general maintenance like sensors, fluids, owner serviceable replaceable parts etc... I get at fcpeuro(lifetime warranty on everything they sell)
*pelican parts is also good if you are on the west coast (excellent model specific MB DIY maintenance articles)

There are certainly other means and reputable places, but the aforementioned is where my experience lies.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/
https://www.pelicanparts.com/