SRS light on after low battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 320 -05
Exclamation SRS light on after low battery

Hi Guys!

Hoping you can help me out here. After not using the car E320-05 for a few weeks i tried to start the car but the battery was too low/defective. In my hurry i jump start the battery (i know now that perhaps that was not a good idea, but its to late now). After that the SRS light "Visit workshop" came on. I bought the icarsoft mb v2.0 diagnostic tool and got the following fault codes:

In the WSS meny:
9A01 Control module WSS is defective
C003 CAN bus High Open circuit

I also saw that i had other fault codes:
9071 - Component K57/2 (Auxiliary battery relay) or the signal wire to the component is faulty. But i suppose that it has nothing to do with my current problem.

First i did was to change to a new battery because the voltage was about 11.8 V so it had gone bad. But the SRS light didnt dissapear.

I checked the WSS module, looked perfectly fine to my eyes (opened it up to see for any visible damages have not measured anything). I can go in diagnostic meny of wss and see that all the sensors have the correct value and are responding to weight so the module is communicating. So my thought is that it might be something about the open circuit rather than a defective module?

The car is a USA import to Sweden so its impossible to find this module here in Europe since it was only made for USA. Anyone has any thoughts or ideas? Im having trouble to find a wiring diagram for wss/srs, maybe someone can help me out? And if there is any place selling these modules except ebay? I need some advice how to proceed! If changing the module is the only way out?

Module information from tool:
Control unit WSS-CAN
Supplier TRW
MB Number: 2118202185
Hardware Status: 03/09
Software Status: 03/40
Diagnostic Identification:02/01

Greetings from Sweden

Last edited by pettersson; 04-15-2019 at 01:36 PM.