E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Where the heck is the radio antenna plug in the back of the OEM command radio h.unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Where the heck is the radio antenna plug in the back of the OEM command radio h.unit?

Hi All,

I'm just finishing up my install of my android head unit, and I have just one issue to figure out. The radio antenna plug, I don't have one. That is, usually there is a metal plug that is in the OEM radio head unit and would just be stuck into the new radio head unit. But see the pics below, there is no plug. Does anyone have ANY idea of where the plug is located? Of course the seller, which has been horrible with communication, has not helped. Here are pics:

Here at the 2 plugs of OEM unit. On the right is the Fiber Optic plug, and I have no idea what the plug is on the left. Normally there is a metal plug for the radio antenna. Where is it??

This is just the back of my new Seicane Android head unit for reference. There is a blue and white wire that should connect to the antenna, according to the several youtube videos that I have closely followed

Here is the antenna on the right. I do not have it in my hands yet, as the stupid seller forgot to send and I am waiting for it. Nonetheless I am clueless of where the radio plug actually goes. Any ideas?

Another thread had the same question which was never resolved. In the trunk there are 2 plugs which look like antenna plugs. The metal plug in the middle of the pic is one possibility the blue (farkra) plug on the bottom left is also a possibility, although that is most likely for GPS? Thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas?

Have a great day!

LEX

Old 05-21-2019, 11:10 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
It's in the trunk along with the GPS antenna connection. The thread below was a decent place to figure out where stuff was when I did my install. It's a Fakra connector, not the old Motorola style plug you are used to seeing in car stereos.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-pics-txt.html
The following users liked this post:
LexBrett2 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Very cool!! Thank you so much. I was searching all day for this. Have a great day!
The following users liked this post:
robbieas (05-21-2019)