E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can Anyone Match This E500 Nightmare?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ivehadit,

Frankly, I don't know whether to believe you or not. But I did notice that there is one complaint on the NHTSA site about a 2004 E class that had total brake failure (the airbags didn't fire either! complaint date 5/13/04).

See for yourself, go to www.nhtsa.gov and do a consumer complaint search for the E class.

IF you did have total brake failure don't screw with this forum posting invoices, pictures, whatever - file a complaint with the NHTSA. Since you will need a valid VIN number to file the complaint, it would be is proof enough for me that the incident occurred and the end result may benefit those of us driving E class vehicles.

Good luck with the Audi.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
That a SILLY statement. At my dealer (Fletcher Jones Benz, CA), which is the biggest Benz dealer in the US, service advisor consider the 03 W211s nightmare. Customers are pissed off because their cars keep having one problem after another. Service bay are fully ultilized to fix those cars, appointment to have the car fixed are 3-4 weeks down the road.

My 04 (April build) W211 stay at dealer for 4 weeks for repair, after I got it for one week !!!. Granted, it's been trouble free since I got it back, but only two months so far. I have no idea how the car would be a year from now.

Mercedes ranks low in the JD Power for a reason. Just because you car is okey, doesn't mean all Benz are trouble-free, so stop making stupid statement like that. So what ? a person can only post to praise Benz ? You sound more like our lame VP Ditto Cheney: "mention about president Dubya only if it's positive" ?????

Have you read about Mercedes recall their E and SL models, due to SBC failure ??

This W211 forum sounds more and more like BMW forum nowaday: you can only mention about the car in a positive way. Anything different is considered as fake, troll, lie, make-up story.

Originally Posted by Kenechi
Somehow, I tend to trust all these people that have driven their w211 for some time now and seem to be very happy with their cars more than I trust your story. However, I'm sorry for the problems you're having. I'm also happy that the A8L is giving you pleasure.

Last edited by zam2000; 07-05-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Almost a Member!

02 330Ci
Slow down partner, calling me stupid because I said I trust majority satisfied owners is uncalled for. Respectfully disagreeing with one another is what makes this site outstanding relative to other auto forums. Your hostile and personalized attitude is something I'd have to get used to here.

Peace.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:19 AM

2004 E500
Yup, phoney

This thread is totally bogus. Please show pictures of your old e500 with same background with your new A8 and possibly your G. If you ever had the problems you claimed, there's no doubt that MB would make you an out-of-this-world kinda deal to get a new one.
I totally agree. And a more recent post that "we should take his word at face value" is bogus as well. One post, a catrostrophic claim with no proof - heck, who needs lawyers if we accept all statements as true?

I don't think so!
Old 07-05-2004, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally Posted by zam2000
This W211 forum sounds more and more like BMW forum nowaday: you can only mention about the car in a positive way. Anything different is considered as fake, troll, lie, make-up story.
Yes, members here know that '03 w211's were problem-matic...first year production. ANY car manufacturer will have problems first year bugs.

We consider him a troll, his statement a lie, etc because he only posted once, hasn't responded to any of our replies.

If MB did not do anything (like he stated), especially with the braking failure and not fixing it, then he has a BIG case against MB, but I seriously DOUBT that MB would not fix brake failure...that's just suicide for themselves to get slapped with lawsuits left and right.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:37 PM
BWL

Well, I am a bit surprised by the number of people slamming "Ivehadit" given that that MB's quality issues are very real. I'm sure there are some of us who have never experienced a problem with our E class - and thats great - but there are others who can empathize with "Ivehadit".

I do question a car having complete brake failure because with the E-class there is a back-up mechanical system that still functions when the electronic braking quits. I also think it is unreasonable to expect MBUSA to buy the car back in this case - there have been far worse horror stories posted.

I can understand questioning someone who only posts a single negative comment - and maybe the post was meant as flame bait - but I'm inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
My point is that even if 95% of Benz owner have no problem whatsoever with their cars, and are very happy w/ it, we still have to leave room and respect to opinions of those who encounter problems w/ their car.

Just because they belong to the minority, it doesn't mean their posts or opinions is doubted. As the matter of fact, we should weight their posts even more, since it helps other member to deal with it when problem happen with their car.

Slow down partner, calling me stupid because I said I trust majority satisfied owners is uncalled for. Respectfully disagreeing with one another is what makes this site outstanding relative to other auto forums. Your hostile and personalized attitude is something I'd have to get used to here.

Peace.

Last edited by zam2000; 07-06-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Having a relatively early '03 (delivered March '03) E320 - I'm inclined to give the inital poster the benefit of the doubt.

I'm very happy to read that a number of owners have had relatively problem-free experiences with their W211s.

That doesn't eliminate the possibility that there are some bad ones out there.

This thread and the hypersensitivity of some of the responses have been quite amusing.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
From talking to people on the street, the '04s were much more problem free than the '03s, which says alot for the people who got stung on the very beautifull, but premature '03s, and the amount of work MB & the dealers have done to get the '04s up to snuff.

After knowing about all the '03 problems, I was very wary of getting an early '04...and while it only gave me a couple of minor irritations & a rear end seal failure, all were addressed instantly & repaired to my complete satisfaction by the local dealer (not my out of state selling dealer) with a smile.

End result? Completely Satisfied. (66790 MI) But if I lived thru that horror story, I'd have gotten out too.

P.S. Isn't MB now "movin' on up up" in JD Powers Survey?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:52 PM

2007 E350 Sport Package
Hah!

You think you've had problems?

See this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/74932-lemon-law-attorney-southern-califronia.html

At least my dealer has been helpful and cooperative at every step of the
way
Old 07-07-2004, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Smile E-500 Problems?

Now I can understand why there are so many '03 E-500s for sale as advertised in the L A Times.

Seems like there are many more E-500s than E-320s listed there. One would expect it to be the other way around if the cars were equally problematic given that sales of the six outnumber the eights.