Newbie question 05 E500 door lock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Newbie question 05 E500 door lock problem

Hello All,
I am new to the Forum & have a question on this wonderful car that I have owned now for about 2 years. The car only has about 61K Miles on it & it does have the Keyless Go option as well as the AMG Pkg.
Here is the problem, a couple of times in the last couple of years I will try to open the drivers door when all of the doors are locked, it always opens but sometimes it would not close & stay latched, in the past i would manually move the latch up and down a few times and then it would catch, a couple of weeks ago it did it again and no matter what i did to the latch it would not catch & the door would not close to drive it. I noticed that when manually rotating the latch to the full lock position it was not staying i could open the latch with just my fingers. I looked at all of the other doors and saw that the other doors actually had 2 positions that the latch would hold, the drivers door only had 1 the full lock position and it would not stay in that locked position. With all of the threads out on the web I saw some problems with the door latches & locks on this W-211 model car so i called the local Mercedes Dealer where the car was bought New & ordered a new drivers door actuator assy that would work with the Keyless Go option. I installed the new actuator assy with not too much trouble & before completing the entire job I checked all of the door functions & wanted to see if it would close ect.... Everything works perfectly except for the locking the door with the key fob, the fob will lock & unlock all doors except for the drivers door ( The door i installed the new actuator in) i saw something on a thread about a cap on the door handle ??? not sure what that was, also saw something about disconnecting power from the door computer module, i disconnected the main battery in the trunk for an hour or so thinking that would be the same but it still wont lock with the key fob.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Shannon
MN
Old 06-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,421 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Sivey
Everything works perfectly except for the locking the door with the key fob, the fob will lock & unlock all doors except for the drivers door ( The door i installed the new actuator in)
Revisit all electrical connections, see attachments

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Front door lock.pdf (120.5 KB, 133 views)
Front door lock cylinder.pdf (47.2 KB, 50 views)
Front door handle.pdf (51.5 KB, 52 views)
Adjust clearance front.pdf (75.2 KB, 65 views)
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Door lock problem with the key fob Fixed

First of all big thanks to Konigstiger for the pdf's - instructions for the actuator & door lock assy. I went back thru the install of the actuator & wiring and found everything to be done correctly per the pdf's Konigstiger sent to me and I still had the same issue with everything working but the door lock on the drivers door that I put the actuator in. I searched a little more on this forum and found a related issue where the person had the same problem and talked about a plastic or rubber cap missing or not installed but did not see any pics or explanation of exactly where & what they were talking about. Well I did not reinstall 3 plastic covers to the door panal due to the fact I wanted to be sure everthing worked...so I installed the covers and it worked!
It seems to be that the plastic cover that has 1 small torx head screw that goes over the end of the door panal & partialy covers the door latch was the culprit. I removed it just to be sure that was it and the problem was back...re-installed the cover & it worked...so for anyone that has the same issue here is a couple of pics of the cover & where it goes.
Thanks to everyone & MB World Forum for the info and help getting this working for me again.
Happy 05 E500 Sport Again!

This is where the plastic cap is installed.

This is the plastic cap that needed to be installed for the lock to work with the key fob.