E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 E320 CDI wont start. Warning ESP/ABS/ No crank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI
2005 E320 CDI wont start. Warning ESP/ABS/ No crank

Newbie Member here! DO let me know if I am posting something in the wrong place.

I had driven it this morning for 100 ish miles and everything was working normally. Stopped for lunch and then when I went back to the car the following was observed when I turned in the key into its different stages:

1. Ignition One - everything functional, All lights come on.
2. Ignition two - The glow plug light does not come on, everything else seems normal.
3. Start - No crank followed by two errors ( ABS - visit workshop and ESP - visit workshop)

Tried it with both keys and showed the same characteristics.

Not sure where to start looking at the issue. New to Mercedes and diesels. Bought this car 3 months ago and have put 5000 miles on it and everything seemed to work fine. Now I am stuck with a car that just won't respond at all.

Additionally, my Autel car scanner is not able to link at all to the OBDII port. Communications failure? Something like that.

I think it could be the ECU relay/fuse as there is a communications issue with the car I am more inclined to think the same.

I think a couple of relays/fuse and the auxiliary battery are situated in the trunk. Over the memorial day weekend, I had a couple of these stupid twist open beers open up in the trunk. Is there a ground wire running through there? Any specific places I should look for corrosion?

While since then, the car has performed fine, just covering my bases.
Any leads would help A LOT!
Old 06-10-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 E20 cdi
Might be worth taking a look:

https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-fo...-no-crank.html