E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Water leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water leak

Hello All - Yesterday it rained very hard here in Northern Virginia area. I was reaching for something in my back seat yesterday and noticed a puddle of water in the rear passenger side feet area. I immediately noticed that water was dripping out of the passenger side seat belt harness on the center pillar where you can adjust the height of the seat belt. Of course the water followed below and soaked everything all the way down.

Where can this water be coming from? The doors and sunroof were all closed tightly. Has anyone seen this before? I immediately took my car to the dealer. This really pissed me off! This is on a 2003 E500.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
which dealer did you take it to??
Old 07-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
No one in their right mind would blame you for being pissed off. Best of luck and hope it is diagnosed and repaired quickly and to your satisfaction -with free detailing in/out of course.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
I've seen this before on a non-MB vehicle. It is likely to be one of two things:

1. The draining pipes at each corner of the sunroof have become blocked with debris.

2. One of the drainage pipes has disconnected itself from the outlet pipe in the sunroof housing.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:59 AM

I take it to HBL in Tyson's. I got the car back last night and I was told that the passenger side sunroof drain holes were clogged. Not sure if this is true, because I looked at them and it looked very clean. I hope that is it, I do not want that to happen again. I was nervous I was going to get a electrical at any moment and pictured my car completey shutting down. They did detail the area that was soaked to keep it from staining or any water damage. Thanks for your inputs and thoughts.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Our law firm has been contacted by numerous W-211 owners who have sustained damage to their vehicles as a result of these clogged drains. The problem is that owners are not made aware of these drains or the need to clean them until after it is usually too late. If your vehicle sustained water damage as a result of these clogged drains, please contact us at sunroofdrain-lawsuit.com as we may be able to help.