E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Please Help me out with my command..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 W164 W211
Please Help me out with my command..

Hi guys, im new here and sorry for my bad English. Actually i hve finally got my self a birthday present an w211 sedan/saloon facelift 170hp. I love it! But i have only one problem that i cant get out of and thats my command. The problem i have is that when it starts up it gets stuck on the Mercedes logo. And after some seconds it turns off. I got a new one (used) from a working car and do you know what the same problem do i have there.. i have checked the fuses in trunk and in the panel driverside the fuses are good. I saw that my cd chager (6) button dosnt work so it wont oppen i tried to just drag it out to check if it has some light on the button when i click them but nope! Can it have something with the booting for the command to do?

i hope someone who knows those systems can get me out im tired have spent 115€ on the used command when i had one.. so i know that the command itself does not have the problem but something else but can it be the cd changer??
Old 08-26-2019, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Yes. Comand uses a fiber loop. Search the old threads for bypass loop, it's under $10 in the US. You can put the bypass loop on the CD player and see if it's the CD player. Otherwise you keep trying all the devices and see which device in the fiber loop is bad. You can then either replace the device or leave the bypass loop on if it's something you don't use like the CD player.