E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Officially joining the group!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2019 | 03:08 PM

2009 E350
Officially joining the group!

Hello everyone,

Proud to say that after my w203 C230 Sport was totaled, I'm the proud owner of a 2009 e350 with the AMG sport package. The car has been kept perfectly (I'm assuming the ridiculously dark tint on the windows that I need to replace helped a lot with preserving the interior). Black exterior, black interior with Designo wood trim. 2009 W211 with the AMG appearance package is by far, the best, most timeless model of any car I have ever seen. Hands down. (I would have liked pano, but can't be too picky with used cars, especially when cleanliness and maintenance records are the biggest factor I'm looking at).

The car has 85k now. The only issues it has are the notorious passenger fog lamp glass is cracked (as is nearly every w211), the bottom of the lower mesh grill is slightly pushed inward, and there's a quiet but noticeable rattle that is felt more than heard coming from the front end. I'm assuming either a ball joint or sway bar link.

The best part about this is that I got so used to working on the M272 from my W203, although now I don't have to worry about a balance shaft!

Looking forward to frequenting this forum from now on!
Old 09-14-2019 | 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Originally Posted by michiganw203
Hello everyone,

Proud to say that after my w203 C230 Sport was totaled, I'm the proud owner of a 2009 e350 with the AMG sport package. The car has been kept perfectly (I'm assuming the ridiculously dark tint on the windows that I need to replace helped a lot with preserving the interior). Black exterior, black interior with Designo wood trim. 2009 W211 with the AMG appearance package is by far, the best, most timeless model of any car I have ever seen. Hands down. (I would have liked pano, but can't be too picky with used cars, especially when cleanliness and maintenance records are the biggest factor I'm looking at).

The car has 85k now. The only issues it has are the notorious passenger fog lamp glass is cracked (as is nearly every w211), the bottom of the lower mesh grill is slightly pushed inward, and there's a quiet but noticeable rattle that is felt more than heard coming from the front end. I'm assuming either a ball joint or sway bar link.

The best part about this is that I got so used to working on the M272 from my W203, although now I don't have to worry about a balance shaft!

Looking forward to frequenting this forum from now on!
Congrats and welcome to the club that everyone wants to join!
R
2MERKS
Old 09-14-2019 | 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Yeah those rattles are tough to trace down. Sway bar links, ball joints, control arm bushings, struts/mounts, etc.