Help with interior light Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mecedes E-Class
Post Help with interior light Please

Hello

I am wondering if anyone could help me, I think I have a problem with my interior lights.

With the headlamp switch on auto and the overhead control panel central
button pressed in to auto mode.I open the door and all the lights in the footwells and doors etc switch on apart from the main front overheard console light.

How do I get it to turn on with the rest of the lights when I open the door or is there a problem.

I have looked through the multifunction display but cannot find anything refering to the main light apart from a ten second delay on the interior lighting.

Thank you very much for replys in advance

Sam.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:18 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
Sam: Not entirely sure here if there is a difference for the US, but my overhead panel (car with standard sunroof) has buttons for the rear interior light manual activation, front interior light with door opening, and front interior light manual activation. The button with the door icon needs to be "out" rather than pressed in in order for the large fron interior light to activate with the doors. It will then fade based upon MF display properties.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
I wish I could be of more help, but sometimes you just need to read the manual. The car is complicated!lol
Old 07-26-2004, 02:55 PM

S211 320 CDI
I wonder if this might be of help, but in day light the overhead interior light do not switch on.
Regards
Old 07-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Almost a Member!

E63 AMG
Sam,

This is correct - there is a light sensor that keeps the interior lights from activating during daylight. As such, you should try your settings inside a garage (or at night). The same is true for the exterior headlight delay-off function (if it's light outside, they won't activate when you exit your car).

Rob